Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best equiptment set up for archery black bear? (Draw weight, calls, scents, bait, ect...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best equiptment set up for archery black bear? (Draw weight, calls, scents, bait, ect...)

What is the best equiptment set up for archery black bear? (Draw weight, calls, scents, bait, ect...)

I cant help you much, but as far as the bow goes I would say 60#+(50-60# would work though) and a FIXED blade broadhead. I have heard of mechanicals failing to get through the hide correctly.

Comment

I'll second JMs assessments. As for calls, none. If scents and baits are legal, use a mix of vanilla extract, caramel extract, and anize diluted with water for a scent, and pastries for bait (they can usually be found in the dumpster of a local bakery, or you can ask to have their day-old throw-outs for a reduced cost or for free). Pre-baiting is encouraged so bears will become acclimated to your scent being in the area. Also, be sure to hang your stand down wind of your set-up because bears have an incredible sense of smell!

Comment

everything thats been stated, Plus i will add that camp left over baked ziti is a great bear bait,I also would suggest the game tracers, its like string hooked to your arrow, I have never hunted bear with a bow, but have seen that bear fat is like a thick grease, and will clog up your entry and exit holes, and the tracer strong could be your saving grace if the blood stops,

Comment

string*

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X