Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Also, I am looking for a good all around shotgun, I will be using it for pheasant and grouse,turkey, and possibly waterfowl.Pref

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, I am looking for a good all around shotgun, I will be using it for pheasant and grouse,turkey, and possibly waterfowl.Pref

Also, I am looking for a good all around shotgun, I will be using it for pheasant and grouse,turkey, and possibly waterfowl.Preferably 12 gauge.And not exceeding $450

Remington 870.

Comment

I love my remington, Go with the 870 spot on JM

Comment

Yep, as far as I know, you can't go wrong with the 870. H&R makes a couple of good, cheap pumps and semi-autos too, and Mossberg has some fairly affordable guns, if you want to look at some other options.

Comment

First choice would be Remington 870, I'd definitely go with the Wingmaster grade though. Find one used, you might have to search, but it would be worth it. Benelli Novas have been a decent shotgun and used they are very reasonable especially in black, that would be #2 for me...I do own both. If you gotta get new, and don't want to spend too much, look at the Stoeger P350..made by Benelli, and almost identical to the Nova.
          Anyone try the Remington 887 yet??? Looks like it might be good as well.

Comment

Seems everyone is in agreement with the Remington 870; I'm also on board. However, if you can't find a great deal at the time you want one, look into Mossberg 500 series. Also another great shotgun thats extremely accurate and looks great!

Comment

The New Rem 870 have a ton of Plastic Parts, JMO~ Go used Ithaca Mod 37,Moss-500,Older(10yr)/870,Win Mod 1300,1400 all fall in to your Price Point.

Comment

Treestand you hit the nail on the "Head". Will not give up my Ithaca 37. Have all barrel lengths in the 12ga including the Deer Slayer. When looking for a model 37 keep your eye open for a model 87. Basically the same gun. I also have the Rem 870, and Moss. 500. All serve me very well. Shopping for another gun is almost as much fun as shooting it for the first time and to know you made a good buy.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                  by jhjimbo
                  If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                  Today, 02:15 PM
                • Pay it forward
                  by fitch270
                  I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                  10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                • Reloading Gear Order
                  by fitch270
                  I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                  10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                  by dewman
                  Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                  10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                  by Ernie
                  Any handgun hunters here?
                  Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                  10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X