Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry about the category. Really wish there was an other, for questions like this. Time for my annual Halloween question. Do you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry about the category. Really wish there was an other, for questions like this. Time for my annual Halloween question. Do you

Sorry about the category. Really wish there was an other, for questions like this. Time for my annual Halloween question. Do you have a spooky story, about the outdoors or otherwise, true or made up, please share. My children love this.

Was scary too me. One night my friend camped out(in a closed up tent). When he woke up everything in the tent was gone besides him and his sleeping bag and tent was still zipped up. Was on my farm so when he got back told me/we checked the tent and there werent any holes in it so idk what happened =o

Comment

Had an owl about 6 ft above me one morning. I got in my stand and was sitting their quietly and all of a sudden it whooood and I nearly jumped out of the tree!

Comment

pjsabella, your story was pretty funny. It reminds me of a time I went squirrel hunting with my younger brother. We were deep in the woods, waiting for it to get light enough to see, when all of a sudden it sounded like twenty coyotes started yipping and howling really close by, and I mean really close. Talk about a start. That will get your blood pumping first thing in the morning. Like to thank you and JM1993 for the stories.

Comment

Mesarich, I'm sorry I missed this for Halloween, but I've been having network problems.

Anyhow, you don't have to go far in the Deep South to find a place that is supposed to be an old slave graveyard, and sure enough, on my property there is a ridge known as "Graveyard Ridge" and there are supposed to be several burial sites there, even though there is no evidence of them.

About fifteen years ago I was trying to roost a flock of turkeys and had slipped off down to where Graveyard Ridge dropped down into a creek bottom with lots of beech trees and spruce pines which are a favorite roosting tree for turkeys. The sun had dropped below the horizon and the evening got cooler and darker---a barred owl hooted a couple of times down in the creek bottom---everything normal.
          Back up on the hill behind me, I heard a low moan or groan but it was so indistinct I couldn't really tell what it was, but it got my attention. After a few seconds I heard what sounded like a child, saying, "Oh----oh---oh---oh," like its heart would break. Like to have scared the water out of me and made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

I don't believe in 'haints' and I had a loaded shotgun, but I still went down into the hollow and crossed the branch and went to the road on the next ridge and walked the long way back to my Jeep. I still don't know what I heard, and nobody has claimed responsibility for it as a joke. I hunted the same place many times since and had no other experiences like that, but I still get a little skittish and listen a little bit harder when I'm there.

Comment

pineywoods, great story. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
              by jhjimbo
              Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
              09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
            • Spur of the moment rifle
              by Amflyer
              I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
              09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
            • The $20 Shooting Shack
              by fitch270
              So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
              09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
            • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
              by dewman
              one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
              09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
            • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
              by dewman
              So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
              09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X