Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we need to get more active on this web site and on message boards. There is a lot of great experience to tap and informa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we need to get more active on this web site and on message boards. There is a lot of great experience to tap and informa

I think we need to get more active on this web site and on message boards. There is a lot of great experience to tap and information to provide. F&S; isn't any better than OL. C'mon! Can you help out, encourage friends and youngsters to participate?

Agreed.

Comment

I like the answer section here better then the one at Field and Stream. I think for the most part you get good answers here without all the smart a$$ remarks and egos you get at Field and Stream answers. I do encourage everyone I hunt and fish with to share their knowledge here at Outdoor Life.

Comment

I think the somewhat slower pace here keeps us from being invaded by the people who cause so much static over on F&S. I sometimes get tired of reading about Russian surplus rifles and calibers for Bigfoot over there.
        Don't get me wrong, it's interesting over there, but I gave up life in the fast lane a long time ago.
        This is not to say that new folks and new ideas aren't welcome here. I'm probably sticking my foot in my mouth, but that's how I feel.

Comment

I do not hunt deer anymore, but I do hunt feral hogs and coyotes to help control the population. My main thing is fishing so it can get boring for me here during white tail season. The deer season is about over and I am back full force fishing. Country, I agree with you about the fast lane.

Comment

I like it here too. It doesn't get so farfetched. Thanks for the thoughts on this.

Comment

I'm in but also have been for the last year or two. Will try and pick it up a bit. I have noticed that it is slowly picking up with frequent users over that time frame but would be nice to step it up a little bit. Also, good job OL on keeping the spam down, whatever you're doing seems to be working!

Comment

Also I want to encourage users to post pics in their profile. If your shy and don't want to post photos of yourself that's cool just post pics of game or fish or the area you hunt.

Comment

Amen! As a blogger on here, comments on a post are always appreciated...it's nice to know people are actually reading your stuff, despite whether or not they agree with it. And I enjoy learning about each of your exploits, personalities and expertises. Knowing this stuff doesn't just let us enjoy the site more, it also helps us tailor it to YOUR interests! Have a good weekend everyone!
                  B

Comment

That is understandable Brian, as I am moving about OL I almost always give pluses as a way to let them know someone read their comments.
                    later,
                    charlie

Comment

For those of you that do go onto F&S site you will know me as Idduckhntr, But the thing I like about this site is there is less BS.

Comment

I tell everyone about OL.com some good bloging & the fourm members are just my type of crowd! sorry havent been participating lately had to move to new location & it took a while to get a net provider. But I'll be on for a few weeks then moving again.

Comment

good to have you back, djh. I was starting to wonder if you had played with one bear too many... :-O

Comment

Bo, Thanks my friend, only disappointment thing about this site is not seeing your name as #1 user. Knowing you though, you probably wrote OL to tell them you don't want the #1 spot! take no offence bigjake you belong up there to! Nice to be back on the high speed information train again. Oh yeah Bo me & the bears have a deal, as long as I don't eat them they won't eat me! Not really, but havent had any bear activity lately :-)

Comment

Good see you posting again djh.
                              ;-D)
                              later,
                              charlie

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                                by Scott123
                                Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                                Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                              • Blade Stain
                                by jhjimbo
                                Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                                Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                              • Home Defense
                                by jhjimbo
                                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                                10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                              • Pay it forward
                                by fitch270
                                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                              • Reloading Gear Order
                                by fitch270
                                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X