Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else agree that to help solve the hog problem in Texas, people should just throw a grenade into the bait pile when a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else agree that to help solve the hog problem in Texas, people should just throw a grenade into the bait pile when a

Does anyone else agree that to help solve the hog problem in Texas, people should just throw a grenade into the bait pile when all the hogs are in there eating and then salvage the meat?

Not sure if there would be any meat worth salvaging. Also,one problem. Where would we get the grenades?

Comment

I'm in favor of pretty much anything that kills feral hogs.

Comment

So, you Americans use grenades for sport....cool!

Yours truly,
        An Envious Canadian

Comment

Thought that was just an old fashioned way of fishing. Probable work for hogs too. ;-)
          later,
          charlie

Comment

I think one issue with hogs in TX is brought on by the Texans. They can make a buck from hunters so now they are tying up land for hog hunting so the harvest starts getting limited. If they want the hogs controlled allow the hunters to hunt for free and shoot all they want. You can't have it both ways folks.

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, the blast radius of the grenade was 25 meters. If you have ever witnessed a victim pf a grenade, you would realize that there would be very little if any salvageable meat. Much of it would be ripped to shreds, most of the rest would be tainted with the residue from the explosive compounds used in the grenade.
              This would lead one to believe that a grenade would not give you any usable meat... But an M60 MG has a cyclic rate of several hundred rounds a minute and in the hands of a seasoned user, there should be no pigs escaping.
              WHere, you might ask, will you get an M60 MG?
              The same place you got the grenade, of course...
              ;-)

Comment

Right on the money, Bo. "Happiness is a warm, belt-fed weapon."

Comment

Think machine gun:]

Comment

Man im from missouri and we dont have hogs but that sure sound fun to me!!! Ive heard of guys takin big ole trucks out and runnin the things over! cuz i think they run in single file when they run from you and you can slug a whole line of em!!!!!!

Comment

Think machine gun mounted to the top of your trusty all around hunting vehicle.

Comment

Bo,
                        The 25 meter thing is the kill radius. The minimum safe distance is 300 meters, which means throw really hard or have a place to duck to.
                        And an m60? Really? How old ARE you? The M240B that replaced it is a much better, more reliable weapon. Come on, get with the times!
                        ps: Sarcasm is kinda hard to put in print.

Comment

land_cruiser_73, my experience with the M60 goes back to my time in the Army in the early 70's. And I have had to tell coworkers who would make snide remarks about my age...Making comments about my age is a good way to ensure one never gets to be my age...
                          ;-)

Comment

Bo,
                            Just a response to your warning to coworkers. Today was wear your hat day at school and i off course wore my reliable hunting hat. one of my friends snuck up behind me and jokingly plucked my hat off my head. i turned around and delivered the following.
                            "You can mess with me but if you mess with the hat you will be pulling that hand out of your butt for a month"
                            He promptly appoligized and left with a wierd stance like some had just clamped down on the pressure point in his shoulder. a little while later we made plans for a possibly fox hunt this sunday.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                              by jhjimbo
                              Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                              09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                            • Spur of the moment rifle
                              by Amflyer
                              I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                              09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                            • The $20 Shooting Shack
                              by fitch270
                              So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                              09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                            • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                              by dewman
                              one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                              09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                            • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                              by dewman
                              So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                              09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X