Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to purchase a new scope this weekend. It will go on a new Weatherby Vanguard in 300 WSM MOA. My budget is $325 for the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to purchase a new scope this weekend. It will go on a new Weatherby Vanguard in 300 WSM MOA. My budget is $325 for the

I need to purchase a new scope this weekend. It will go on a new Weatherby Vanguard in 300 WSM MOA. My budget is $325 for the scope, rings and mount. I'm seriously considering the Nikon Buckmaster, Leupold V-II and possibly a Bushnell 3200 Elite. However, I would like to ask you, the hunter for your opinion. Thanks,

I would go with the Bushnell.

Comment

Bushnell are geting over priced for what you get Nikon are not bad I have a couple of them but for the money go with Leupold or look into a Redfield.

Comment

I'm not an optics expert, but I have Nikon scopes on 2 of my rifles and they do a great job. But, value for the money, I think the BSA Panther is a great scope. I have a 50x10-3.5 on my .308 and I love the combination--I think it's in your price range, but it's been a while since I checked the cost.

Comment

I purchased a nikon buckmaster 3-9x 40 for a .308 and wasn't overwhelmed with it after getting home. I returned it and purchased a niko predator 3-9X 40 with the predator BDC open circle reticle. more than $100 cheaper, best choice I've made! after bore sighting, I walked my rounds to the right into the bull! the clicks on the adjustment knobs are so precise, even a politician could figure it out!

Comment

leupold all the way

Comment

Leupold would be my first choice, then the Bushnell, then Nikons. You could save up 75 more and get a very nice Zeiss Conquest for 399.

Comment

Its all clear as mud to you now, right? Everyone has their favorites, the truth is you really could not go wrong with any of these scopes.

Comment

Mesarich hit the nail on the head.
                  It is whatever works for you. What scope fits your budget,rifle,hunting conditions,game size and you can shoot well.
                  The most important thing with whatever scope you pick is that you get adequate range time to make sure all the pieces work flawlessly.
                  Bman940
                  Nikon Pro Staff

Comment

Everyone, thanks for the input. I went with a Vortex Viper 3x9x40. I took it outside and thought that it was just as clear as the Leupold VX-II and I really liked the side focus adjustment. Thanks again. Bull Elk

Comment

For my money which is hard to come by I recomend the Nikon. Very nice optics and durability at a resonable price.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                        by fitch270
                        Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                        Yesterday, 08:27 PM
                      • Unusual Sound
                        by jhjimbo
                        At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                        Yesterday, 02:17 PM
                      • bedding on new rifle
                        by Amflyer
                        Finally painted some release and on the action and blocked the undercuts with clay. Was out of the commercial release, a vinyl paint on solution by Brownells,...
                        Yesterday, 12:22 AM
                      • Pictures blocked when logged out?
                        by fitch270
                        Can't quite figure this one out since it doesn't happen on F&S, if I'm not logged in posted pictures aren't showing up. Doubt its just me.
                        09-24-2020, 08:57 PM
                      • Son of a Fitch: turkey taxidermy
                        by fitch270

The kid put this together with his solo bird from this spring. He split a slice of maple for the mounting board, dried the...
                        09-23-2020, 07:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X