Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Given the available technology today, much emphasis is placed on scent control while hunting big game animals. However, as any s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's lights out long before an animal gets close enough to smell any gun oil.
    DJH not following orders absolutely leaves me aghast like Kody said who would have thought? Now we understand why Mrs DJH washes your ball caps. Whew! rolling around in pine sap and dung will take its toll on the more sensitive delicate female nostrils.
    ;-)
    later,
    charlie

Comment

charlie elk, :-) ) ) )! You know I never really paid attention to the smell up until she said something about it (Nothing bad). picture this- Me walking in the door soaked up past the knees, tired from the long windy,raining side ways hike. All I had in mind was hot food & the bed,before I took one step from the door to the direction of the kitchen "go take a shower & i will warm up your food". ummmmm ok why I would rather eat first "Well you smell like the woods & it's very strong". ohhh ok. "Strong yeah right" So I get done eating later on "Can you run to the store for me" yeah, As I open the vehicle door whoooo thats what she's talking about it smelled as strong as at the time of applying the smell of the woods. I wasent done yet when I came home & opend the door whoo it smelled like I was growing a tree farm in my living room. I told her I understand now what she's talking about she said "I don't mind it to much at least I know where you been" I chuckled for a sec & left it at that.

Comment

charlie elk, :-) ) ) )! You know I never really paid attention to the smell up until she said something about it (Nothing bad). picture this- Me walking in the door soaked up past the knees, tired from the long windy,raining side ways hike. All I had in mind was hot food & the bed,before I took one step from the door to the direction of the kitchen "go take a shower & i will warm up your food". ummmmm ok why I would rather eat first "Well you smell like the woods & it's very strong". ohhh ok. "Strong yeah right" So I get done eating later on "Can you run to the store for me" yeah, As I open the vehicle door whoooo thats what she's talking about it smelled as strong as at the time of applying the smell of the woods. I wasent done yet when I came home & opend the door whoo it smelled like I was growing a tree farm in my living room. I told her I understand now what she's talking about she said "I don't mind it to much at least I know where you been" I chuckled for a sec & left it at that.

Comment

charlie elk, the dung, reminded me of a time when I had a childhood friend move back home from the city life. He asked me to take him out hunting because he was in good shape he was a "firefighter". Well ok but it's not going to be easy. So I take him to my favorite mule deer hunting area, its land scape- rolling rocky hills full of sage. Well he was making a point to try & stay ahead of me because he was a "firefighter". So we come up on a huge herd of cows & they start stumbling side hill, hes bent over gasping & he says oh dang cows guess we better turn back. Huh? Turn back what do you mean, if we keep up with these cows they will cover our noise & we will be in the deer within 2 more ridges. He half chuckled like I was crazy, So I took of jogging because I knew the trail I was on was the only place that a human could keep a high pace without falling. I knew if he didn't stay on my heels he would lose the one I use & get on the wrong trail & theres no way you could keep a jogging pace.

Comment

I know this area & the deer was used of this huge herd of cattle, the cows turned down hill perfectly right before we toped the 2 ridge. I look back & I could see my friend trying to keep up but just as I thought he got off the trail. So I decide I will wait to top the ridge because I know there always hanging out by the herds over this ridge top. Any less of a friend woul LOL while watching him stumble closer & closer. He finally get's to me & says what kind of person jogs in this type of insane country for fun? shhhhh there just over the hill they didnt here us because the cows. Yeah right that big of a herd moving like that scared everything for miles! shhh come on I'll show you, we walk about 35 paces & out springs a monster mule deer the mass on him was unreal. By time I got the cross hairs on him he was all the way to the bottom making his escape across the vally. All we could do was watch threw the bino's & swear a few times. he says djh I dont know how but you always find a way to amaze me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X