Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how many does a buck will "service" during the rut? Or how many cows a bull will?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how many does a buck will "service" during the rut? Or how many cows a bull will?

Does anyone know how many does a buck will "service" during the rut? Or how many cows a bull will?

As many as it can, what do you think! Ha, ha.
    Sorry, but I'm not sure if anybody knows. There are probably many studies that have been done in the years past, if you can find them online or something....

Comment

as many as it can find that are willing.

Comment

That's not a dumb question but it is a little funny. It depends on the deer population and the habitat. In my area the does stay within one square mile, but bucks during the rut travel all over the place. They will starve themselves to death running around breeding and fighting. Like the gentleman that bucks are they do not kiss and tell so no one really knows. ujoutdoors www.foremosthunting.com

Comment

That's not a dumb question but it is a little funny. It depends on the deer population and the habitat. In my area the does stay within one square mile, but bucks during the rut travel all over the place. They will starve themselves to death running around breeding and fighting. Like the gentleman that bucks are they do not kiss and tell so no one really knows. ujoutdoors www.foremosthunting.com

Comment

Just like we do, all we can when young and slow down with age

Comment

I remember reading an actual number from a study in either Outdoor Life or Field and Stream, but I couldn't remember what the article had said. It was a huge, very surprising number haha

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X