Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite animal to hunt. Were, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite animal to hunt. Were, and why?

What is your favorite animal to hunt. Were, and why?

Whitetail deer, wherever I am that it is legal.
    I hunt deer because it requires me to stress myself, both physically and mentally. I am not by nature a patient person. Deer hunting requires me to be patient. It forces me to be mentally acute and aware of what is going on around me when I am in the field.
    JFK said "We do not choose to go to the moon because it is easy, we go to the moon because it is hard."
    I do not hunt deer because it is easy, I hunt deer because it is hard. The same goes for elk hunting, though it has been awhile since I have done that. But I do it for the same reason.

Comment

Anything that walks or crawls, but my favorite is waterfowl. Last year I had 200 mallards land in my decoys and I did not even shoot the best thing about it is watching the birds work. But a 30in muledeer will get me going to. What about yourself?

Comment

I can't pick a favorite but I spend most of my time chasing whitetail but I still enjoy elk, bear, yotes...

Comment

No question for me---it's the wild turkey because of the interaction between the hunter and the bird in the gobbling season. I enjoy deer hunting, but it is a lot of sitting and waiting.

Comment

For me it is a toss-up between two species right now: Taliban and Al Queda.

Comment

Captain, I have been lead to understand that you have an open season, with no daily bag limit and no permits required. Good hunting and we will all hope for extinction of that particular type of vermin. Lead the way, Sir!!!

Comment

Caribou!

The area I hunted near Chicken Alaska, when they come over the ridge you better be ready and you will never know where they will pop up meaning you have to push your shooting ability to its limits!

2nd critter, Jack Rabbits on the run 300+ yards!

Comment

I love to hunt whitetails but I think my favorite animal to hunt is the cottontail. There's nothing like walking thru the woods with your favorite shotgun having a laugh with you hunting buddy and trying to shoot those little critters.

Comment

Both squirrels and turkeys. There is nothing like hearing a turkey gobble in the morining while sitting with your dad. I love to pop off squirrels with my dads .22 magnum.

Comment

I am a new hunter. First year. 13 by the way. But I can tell you that one day no matter what I am going on a Caribou Hunt. No questions asked....

Comment

Moose anywhere but Newfoundland, had too many bad outfitters there! You have to choose carefully!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X