Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska or Africa, that is the question. Which would you choose for the hunt of a lifetime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been to both and will return to Africa before Alaska. The number of species to hunt in Alaska does not compare to the number you can hunt Africa. The most important people there, namely your PH, do speak English!!

Comment

I'm about to return to Alaska for my 5th year of working there, and I've hunted there a couple of those years. I loved everything about it, but I would also love to hunt in Africa, too. You really can't compare the two. They're basically two different worlds...The bottom line is that you just have to weigh the pro's and con's of each and do what YOU want to do. Listen to other people's opinion and advice, but don't let anyone make the decision for you.

Comment

And I feel bad for all the people that have been telling you to stay away from Africa because they don't speak English there...they aren't going to see much of the world if that's what they base their decisions on...and, like ekimirca said, the people that you would be dealing with over there DO speak English.

Comment

I would definitely have to choose Alaska, not just because it's the "Coldest State, Hottest Governor" but because I love to eat moose & salmon. Also my grandparents came from Sweden and therefore I am genetically predisposed to cooler climes. Don't care for hot weather much at all, that kind of leaves Africa out of the picture for me. I have been to enough places where it gets hotter than I care for.

Comment

alaska it is for me.goin there in april for brown bear and wolf.definately my hunt of a lifetime,i might not want to come back home!

Comment

First Off let me say GOD BLess America, that been said , Africa has more differen types of huntable animals than ANY other place on the planet.

Comment

i would definately choose africa. different game and different continent.that would be so much fun i could never imagine going there.

Comment

Africa for the experience of different scenery and would like to try out the different animals

Comment

i would have to say Alaska.because Alaska has awsome salmon,trout,and steelhead fishing in the world.it has alwys been my dream to hunt and fish in Alaska.i even did a report on Alaskas fishing in fifth grade.

Comment

Alaska no questions asked

Comment

Alaska not as far away, they speak english, and there are hazards but horrifying tropical diseases isn't one of them. Then again.......Staring down a Buff in the Bush........ and such amazing artillary as the .470NE the .500NE and 505, or dare I say it the 8bore....... Lions or Bears... JEEZ! Whichever falls in my lap first is the only honest answer who wouldn't go to Africa if you had the chance?

Comment

WOOOHOOO ALASKA !!! Without a doubt ALASKA!! Enviromently rich, great fishing, better hunting? The Choice is CRYSTAL CLEAR!!! ALASKA.

Comment

ALASKA IT'S IN THE SAME COUNTRY THEY SPEAK THE SAME LANGUEGE

GO ALASKA!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Africa. Disease. Africa. Dangerous. Africa. Dumb. Alaska. Dude!

Comment

Africa. Disease. Africa. Dangerous. Africa. Dumb. Alaska. Dude!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget