Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska or Africa, that is the question. Which would you choose for the hunt of a lifetime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Alaska so I would have to say Africa

Comment

Alaska, Hands down.
      #1 USA - spend it here
      #2 Much nicer
      #3 Won't come home diseased
      #4 Want to meet the governor

Comment

Africa is a better bargin. US hunters do not understand Africa hunting. High fence can be very difficult. The targets of opprotunity make it exciting. The little things that are different, plants, insects, animals not hunted, birds are all very interesting. The exposure to many different cultures. Alaska is small compared to Africa.

Comment

depends on how much stuff i could shoot. if i could shoot elephants and rhinos and giraffes and other big game that is not commonly shot i would choose africa. it would really be a toss up. ive really wanted to shoot i kudu since i was 10. but i like the good ole USA and american animals....so if the oppurtunity arises i will decide then

Comment

Africa gets my vote due to verity and number of game animals that one can take on a trip for the same cost of an an Alaskan adventure. You get more bang for your buck.

Comment

Alaska for sure, Sarah can even guide me! I'll bring an extra rifle for her to use and a double sleeping bag!

Comment

Africa if for no other reason than economics. The cost of a single animal hunt in Alaska, say moose, far exceeds the cost of a multiple animal hunt in Africa. And that includes air fare and other travel costs. Of course if I had the money I would love to hunt both areas.

Comment

Alaska with out a doubt, I've visited there in the summer, and would love to hunt it in the fall. Yea for the Last Frontier.

Comment

OMG! Do you even have to ask? North to Alaska is the only way to go. Alaska has it all, beautiful mountains,pristine lakes,abundant choices of big game animals to hunt, I could just go on and on.If I never shot anything on the trip the scenery would be enough to satisfy me.

Comment

Alaska, without doubt! Keep our money in the USA and not have to worry about Terrorists up there either. God Bless the USA!

Comment

Alaska all the way! Why would you go across an ocean and spend big $$$ to sit in the hot desert and wait for something to come to a watering hole, or stalk around hoping to not catch malaria? You could spend less cash, have a more exciting hunt, and help out this dwindling economy without leaving the country. Not to mention the awesome selection of game in Alaska, and the fishing!

Comment

Those that say Alaska have never been to Africa. Go once and you will never be the same. I have been to both Alaska and Africa and would chose Africa every time if I have the option.

Comment

I would go to Africa, but I would hunt with a camera. I only kill game if I or someone else is going to eat it. I personally feel that it would be a much greater challenge to hunt the most dangerous game with a camera.

Comment

Africa - A bird in hand is worth two in the bush

Comment

Africa i would go anytime you can't compare it with
                                any other place.
                                Warthog

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget