Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ON BIG GAME HUNTING WITH DOGS(BEAR/COUGAR)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW DO YOU FEEL ON BIG GAME HUNTING WITH DOGS(BEAR/COUGAR)?

HOW DO YOU FEEL ON BIG GAME HUNTING WITH DOGS(BEAR/COUGAR)?

I have never hunted bear with dogs( yes I am a donut watcher). But I have no problem with hunters that use them. United we stand, divided we we fall.

Comment

hunting with dogs is not a sport.

Comment

i couldn't disagree more strongly with ADK , hunting with dogs has always been considered fair chase. I don't think many men could track a cougar without them.ADK did'nt mention how he would pursue bear or cats? maybe will be enlightened

Comment

thanks for the support 6phuter and ccmjs

Comment

Target practice is NOT a sport!!

Comment

I ALWAYS THOUGHT skeet and trap shooting were targets used for sport shooting/apparently many of these shooters will give it up now that they know target practice is not a sport.back to the dogs though ,many of these breeds have been around for centuries ,therefore many generations of hunters would probably agree hounds have a place in fair chase. ALSO sometimes certain individual animals become dangerous or for scientific reasons hounds must be used. the best way to have good hounds is to use them , comments without facts or some basis will simply be ignored

Comment

I have never been bear hunting, but I definitely do not have a problem with people using hounds for cougars and bears. I have friends that hunt his way and I have freinds that don't. They don't disagree with each other over techniques that they use. I do know however that to hunt with dogs it takes alot of time and effort put into the training of the dogs. Is it really any different than when hunters use dogs for raccons or squirrels or even birds. Yes the game is different but the principle is the same. What in your mind makes it okay for dogs to be used for small game as opposed to big game. People have been using hounds for bears for a very long time I see no problem with this. And to the targe practice is not a sport comment, when you are pulling the trigger on you firearm are you not taking aim and trying to make a perfect shot, is your target not sometimes an animal. A deer in the sights is most certainly a target and if you feel that target shooting is not a sport than maybe you shouldn't use a firearm.

Comment

i like it i hunt with you i think it is faster and fun

Comment

I think most people just don't understand why people who hunt with dogs love it so much. I'm from southern Missouri and running coyotes with dogs is a big thing. They don't have very high kill rates due to the terrain and brush, the coyote gets away more often than not. But the thrill of the hounds on the chase is what makes it fun.

Comment

I think a lot of people have some fundamental misunderstandings of how hunting with dogs actually works. This idea that the pit the dogs against the bears or that their isn't fair chase is nonsense.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X