Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you who live around wolves are getting tired of being chased off your favorite hunting spots by them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you who live around wolves are getting tired of being chased off your favorite hunting spots by them?

How many of you who live around wolves are getting tired of being chased off your favorite hunting spots by them?

personaly i have a 30-06 so i realy dont have that kind of problem

Comment

me being a hound hunter you can't hunt around wolves 'cause you'll get your dogs all ate up(i mean in fights by that) I HATE WOLVES!!!

Comment

Ok so this year I was hunting in a usual spot of mine, I have on me a .257 wetherby Mag, and a .45 and in between my dad and I which is only about 30-50 yards a pack of wolves start to hunt an elk. The woods in between my dad and myself you could not see through. Well when their are over 12 wolves in 1 pack and they kill something not 100 feet away from you and start to protect the kill, you dont have enough bullets. As far as i'm concerned I could take my AR with 1000 rounds and you still dont have enough ammo. Or fire power

Comment

I live in the Bozeman, Mt. area, and bowhunt elk in nearby Gallatin Nat'l forest. I am more concerned about bears than wolves, especially a sow w/ cubs. Wolves are not fond of human interaction....that's why you rarely see them. I don't worry about wolves, and I don't pack a firearm due to weight limitations. I do believe they have been tough on the local elk population.

Comment

thay are one of the best animals for the wild they kill the old and sick and help to keep the animal under controlthe ones to worry about is the coyots they kill just for the fun of it even your cat dogs ect

Comment

lordmichael you gave yourself away. do you belong to PETA, HumaneSociety? Wolves are indiscriminate killers, they don't pick out the old and sick. Come on! (thay is really they)

Comment

wolves do in fact, most of the time, pick out the sick and the weak. wolves in the barren lands run a herd of caribou till the young and slow fall out( aka the weak ones) and then they try to make a kill. Even then they are not always succesful. House cats are a far more talented predator. Plus we all have more to worry about from the democrats than the wolves.

Comment

Who was here first? Them or us?Seems like we're takin more of their territory... and complainin when they beat us at the hunting game...... hmmmmm...we hunt for sport and food... they hunt for survival....some folks just need to learn how to lose once in awhile....

Comment

I hunt with friends that live in NW Montana. The wolves are taking over to the point of it not being worthwhile to buy a nonres hunting license. While not having been physically chased from my hunting spots, the lack of game due to the wolves has chased me off from some places.
                    bhubbard64, if you believe in Creationism it doesn't matter who was here first. Man was given dominion over all creatures.

Comment

thanks bhubbard64...i was ready to say #*!? this site. at least some of the users have more than a pea for a brain!

Comment

I don't know who told lordmichael that wolves eat the old and sick but the answer he posted is in reverse order. Coyotes are far more prone to take weak big game species than wolves. The largest pack of wolves I've personally seen is nine. I watched a pack of seven take down four calf elk and two cows (Hamstrung the cows first) and take off without eating anything. I watched the kill site for three days and never saw them return. On the fourth day a cougar drug one of the calves off and hid it.
                        So much for killing the old and weak.

Comment

I hunted northern central Idaho for 7 years, no longer, the wolf problem has distroyed the best elk hunting I have ever known. I now hunt in southern Wy. trying to stay ahead of the spread of huge mistake. Open the season on wolves and control the problem now. Don't believe these feel good people they don't have a clue, they don't live in NW Wyoming and Mt. area. Elk season once was a fuitful time for West Yellowstone, Mt. not any more.

Comment

There was a reason the old timers took out the majority of the wolf population in the U.S. over a hundred years ago. They tremendously thin out all of their prey populations and pose quite a threat to livestolk. They can then switch to another prey species (rabbits, birds, rats). Research has shown that coyotes, wolves, lions, etc, don't just thin out the weaker members of a herd. They will take out whatever runs through their path and they are very effecient killers. The problem with wolves is that they are a keystone predator and there is nothing to keep their popluation in check, with the exception of disease. When an area they hunt becomes depleted of its prey species, they can simply migrate. If humans don't control their numbers, the balance of species within an area will indeed be diminished.

Comment

im gettin tired of wolves and mt lions they are chasin off all the elk and deer

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga
                                by dewman
                                Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's...
                                Yesterday, 08:40 AM
                              • Dads gun #1 S&W 28-2. .357
                                by dewman
                                Got my fathers 28-2 357 to go with my 29-2 44mag. Check out the safari land flap holster. ...
                                Yesterday, 07:59 AM
                              • What is taking so long ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                Can't be that hard for the Administrator to 86 the spammers....
                                09-21-2020, 07:52 PM
                              • Burn cream
                                by CD2
                                Drugstore used to carry a white silver cream.
                                No longer does.
                                Was maybe 10 bucks or so for a little tube.
                                Bargain.

Got...
                                09-21-2020, 05:39 PM
                              • Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                                by dewman
                                So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                                09-20-2020, 10:12 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X