Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should hunting be outlawed?

Should hunting be outlawed?

HELL NO hunting is a heritage dating back a long time and keeps our animal numbers under control it also gives us the opportunity to experience mother nature regardless of if we harvest our game animal or not. What kind of question is that?

Comment

your an idiot you know the answer would be a definite no. this is a hunting and fishing website. you wouldnt be getting answers such as hunting should be outlawed on a website such as this

Comment

WHAT!? Ok, you're on Outdoor Life.com. This is our heritage, our passion, our tradition. What did you expect with such a riduculous question?

Comment

Wow, you call yourself a Redneck and ask this question. I think you just want to stir the pot a little, <> yep, lets outlaw hunting, might as well outlaw all guns and while we are at it lets just spread all the wealth around and give everyone health insurance that don’t work and put water stations out in the sand so the illegal’s will have something to drink crossing over and then give them all our benefits when they get here. I do not think so!

Comment

haha so funny

Comment

Strange question for this website---must come from a strange person.

Comment

The reality of the our modern day food system is that a large percentage of the population relies on other people to do their work for them--in other words basically preparing a steak-burger-chicken-pork-lamb-fish dinner requires the work of an individual to kill and process that meal.So when the question pops up about banning hunting one ponders the larger scope about the ability of a society to feed and sustain itself and today a large portion of our population cannot do that.Whether an animal is harvested in the field or stream or "harvested" at the slaughterhouse is of little consequence but a society that cannot feed itself is.

Comment

The healthy populations of deer and migratory birds on this continent are successful because of hunters,not in spite of them. It is hunters looking out for the welfare of the same animals they hunt. The real threat to these creatures lies in the destruction of habitat and the actions of some misguided sentimental fools who would rather see them starve to death then face a hunter's bullet. They choose to ignore reality and place our wildlife at risk because they allow their emotions to cloud their judgement. Nature is without conscience when it comes to death, it is swift and brutal. Mankind has an obligation to make well considered decisions based on facts not ideals or sentiment when it comes to managing our wildlife. It isn't people with guns who threaten our wildlife it is the people without guns that are the real threat. Expanding cities, agri-business, highways and industry are the true culprits. So, BEST REDNECK, if you are so interested in saving the animals you need to say ban cities, ban expanding farms, ban highways and industry...Why stop there? Let's get to the root of the problem and reduce the birthrate of our nations. You need to take a leadership role in this crusade by making a statement that leaves no doubt as to your total commitment. A true testament to your resolve means your testicles must go! You probably weren't making much use of them anyway, but to the thousands who might support your cause it will appear to be a supreme sacrifice. To symbolize the pain of the hunt you should have the procedure performed without the benefit of a painkiller.

Comment

Dear kody, your speech was incredible it is now one of my favorite quotes that i have ever seem!

Comment

Kody, Well said, but you are assuming redneck has a pair. I have my doubts.

Comment

I love how hunters get all fired up over dumb..however potentially dangerous questions like this..it is great however that we unite together like this

Comment

why would you ask an ignoramus question like that on the best hunting magazine website in the world

Comment

i agree with bigbuck96, it keeps the animal numbers in check, and people grew up with it, it's a part of who they are

Comment

I say NO!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                                by Scott123
                                Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                                Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                              • Blade Stain
                                by jhjimbo
                                Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                                Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                              • Home Defense
                                by jhjimbo
                                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                                10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                              • Pay it forward
                                by fitch270
                                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                              • Reloading Gear Order
                                by fitch270
                                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X