Inertia shotgun break in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inertia shotgun break in

Brother went with me today after doves. Brought his new in the box Weatherby Element. Shooting 1oz of 6's at 1220fps. "Aren't you supposed to be shooting heavier loads to do a break in?", I said. He had no clue. Gun didn't want to eject, feed, or even release from the mag tube. If I wasn't with him someone could have gotten a new shotgun for whatever they would have offered. I had some Browning 1-1/8oz of 7-1/2's at 1300 fps. Much better.
    Read the manuals when you buy a new gun.Some friendly advice. stay safe

I seem to recall you having to mentor him on other issues with firearms as well, he’s not a true gun nut as I remember it. Cheap scope problems come to mind.

Did he tear the gun down for cleaning from the factory first? Being gunked up certainly wouldn’t help either.

Comment

Nope. Pulled from the box, loaded, then off to the races. My shooting sucked tonight too. No gun issues, just didn’t do good mounts. Felt off balance tonight. Actually it’s my youngest brother who’s cheap. It would be ok but he hunts hard and his equipment failures are epic and chronic. Yet he does not learn.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget