First game with the new o/u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First game with the new o/u

Didn't go yesterday - crappy weather. Gorgeous morning today (Sept2) but not many birds here yet, few fields are cut. Still, my host says the first one with a new gun should be remembered so .......,, IMG_2524.PNG
    Last edited by dewman; 09-02-2021, 02:03 PM.

That’s a start. How does the shotgun feel out in the field?

Rained here most of the day yesterday, stopped last night and cooled off into the low 50’s this morning. Felt nice.

Been back after the bushy tails?

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
      That’s a start. How does the shotgun feel out in the field?

Rained here most of the day yesterday, stopped last night and cooled off into the low 50’s this morning. Felt nice.

Been back after the bushy tails?
      Squirrels: not since E & his wife and I went. I've taken over 30(or is it 40?) so am turning toward other things. Thinking about trying new ground just for the sake of seeing new ground. Haven't done any exploring in a few years.
      Shotgun: it's amazing. I had the chance to handle the 20ga version in a store. $3100 is steep for sure but the 20ga version might be as close to perfect as an upland gun could ever be. I wonder if Mr. Phil or Springerman have tried one out? Would like to know their thoughts. It definitely draws attention when I get mine out.Not everyone likes the styling, I get that, but I don't think anyone would turn one down.
      Man your hunting shack is really cool. Am hoping it provides you with a jaw dropping season.
      stay safe & aim small

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
        Didn't go yesterday - crappy weather. Gorgeous morning today (Sept2) but not many birds here yet, few fields are cut. Still, my host says the first one with a new gun should be remembered so .......,, IMG_2524.PNG
        What kind of o/u did you get ? I see you like wood, so do I. My Weatherby is Grade III
        Attached Files

Comment

Weatherby & case 004.JPG

Comment

Weatherby Orion III plus clothes 010.JPG

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget