Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am 12 years old and I'm looking for my first shotgun i don't want a super powerful one with a lot of kick so what would you su

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 12 years old and I'm looking for my first shotgun i don't want a super powerful one with a lot of kick so what would you su

I am 12 years old and I'm looking for my first shotgun i don't want a super powerful one with a lot of kick so what would you suggest?

I've got the 835 Mossberg 12ga. It has a ported barrel which reduces recoil. I've also added a slip-on recoil pad which also helps.
    You could also get a 20ga. so recoil would'nt be as bad as a 12ga.
    Hope this helps. Good luck and good hunting.

Comment

I use a 20 ga Mossberg 500. You can get one at WalMart for just over $200, less than $225 pretax, at least that's what they were about a month or so ago. You get a wood stock, adds weight, reduces recoil. I love mine, killed a bunch of pheasant and quail with it.
      You can also buy a rifled slug barrel for it and take to the deer woods.
      Check it out.

Comment

try this on/see what u think/i'd suggest to you a 20 gauge single shot.the recoil is negligible.the benefits is you will learn to get on target better knowing you have one shot,and not being disrespectful to you it's much safer to handle while you learn.Even after youre missed shots you can stil track the game helping you prepare for the day when you move up to a gun that is capable of shoting more than once with a cool head.YOUNGSTERS and I was the same get excited and sometimes shoot in a rush.I promise you that you'll mature into a safer and more efficient hunter using this tactic.

Comment

Remington 870 Express chambered in 20 gauge. It has little recoil and has a nice feel to it. Thats what one of my first shotguns was.

Comment

a 20 gauge is probably your best choice..remington makes a few compact shotguns that fit younger shooters better then a full size shotgun.

Comment

You can get a "youth" model, and "move up" to a full size later as you grow.
              Good luck with this, Good luck and good hunting lil' one and welcome to the "family".

Comment

I would recomend getting a shotgun chambered in 20 gauge.

Comment

a 410 will work, depending upon what you will be hunting

Comment

Get a 20 ga. Semi-automatic in whatever price range you can afford, but get the best your wallet will stand.

Comment

you really cant go rong with the remington 870 express 20Ga shotgun. I personally own one and I couldnt ask for a better guage or a better gun. It does'nt kick to bad and you can do pritty much anything with it.

Comment

If you want reliablity and simple maintance The Remington 870 (Pump-Action) in 20 or 12 Gauge, If you want Speed with little or no adjustments to compansate for shell load differances, A Benelli(Any Auto-Loading Model) or Remington 11-87 (Auto-Loading) in 20 or 12 Gauge, Remember pump's are very reliable but, auto's will absorbe recoil(Except The Early Browning A-5's they tend to kick like a mule?) You will want some felxibilty in it!(Such as Removible Choke Tubs, Chambered up to 3 Inch. and less as a Standard and "NO" 3-1/2 Inches or Magnum's of any kind, Youth/Young-Adult Style Buttstock is a "must" for proper shoulder mounting(Sight-Picture) and control(Follow-Through)!!! The stock must fit you for your best performance on the Range and in the Field!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X