Longest favorite load, in my case, 20ga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest favorite load, in my case, 20ga

Favorite loads change over the years. Most of us have brand loyalty. What I'm referring to is a specific load. For my 20's my go to load hasn't changed since the 70's. Complete with selection wisdom. Notice the small print at the bottom. Hunting ducks next weekend (with a 12ga) so I'm grabbing dads A5 20ga and calling & gunning some crows today.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by dewman; 11-01-2020, 07:51 AM.

Yes, in sixteen gauge, I'll shoot just about anything I can get my hands on, but my favorite load is 1 ounce of #8's ... of course! !
    In shotgun ammo, I prefer Winchester ammo over Remington. I really like any Win AA ammo. They're about the best reloading hulls available.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      Yes, in sixteen gauge, I'll shoot just about anything I can get my hands on, but my favorite load is 1 ounce of #8's ... of course! !
      In shotgun ammo, I prefer Winchester ammo over Remington. I really like any Win AA ammo. They're about the best reloading hulls available.
      Win AA is my 12 ga small game/dove load. IMG_1990.PNG prefer Fiocchi golden pheasant in 12ga for roosters but they aren't exclusive.

Comment

I can’t say that I have a favorite, so far I’ve been able to miss with everything I’ve tried.

Comment

When I am in New York, stores stock the best selection of Remington. I have tried a lot of others over the years and they all shoot good. Winchester always seemed a little higher than Remington, maybe because we were in Remington Country and Remington ruled. I shoot 12ga and 16ga.
          I have some 3 1/2 " Black Cloud but I don't have anything they will chamber.

Comment

Winchester XX is my preference for upland both 12 and 20 , I use hevi-shot for waterfowl. When I was a kid I had to buy my own shells and usually bought the cheapest shells I could get. One day after school my mother had two boxes of Winchester 2 3/4 #6 sitting on the counter in the kitchen. She told me she thought I might need some shells. Used those shells for the next couple years and been brand loyal ever since. Now days I mostly load my own shells except for waterfowl.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
              I can’t say that I have a favorite, so far I’ve been able to miss with everything I’ve tried.
              You mean you're supposed to actually "hit" stuff?
              WOW! All this time I thought "shotgunning" was just shooting your shotgun!

Well, kiss my grits!

Comment

My favorites were WW Expert 7.5 and 6 in 12 or 20.
                Back in the 80s.
                Good reloadable hull, great wad, decent charge of hard shot.
                Patterned great and stuff fell dead.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gear overload?
                  by fitch270
                  I’ve been thinking about this since my gun show post over on F&S. May have to cross post for more feed back but in the spirit of our earlier discussion...
                  09-22-2021, 09:26 PM
                • 7mm-08 range time
                  by dewman
                  Almost sold this one because I couldn't get it under about 2". Then sitting at home I thought hmm, I've only been using 120gr because I have mostly...
                  09-22-2021, 08:18 PM
                • Cool gift
                  by fitch270
                  At work today I was given this hand made slate call from one of my accounts. He’s a retired butcher, outdoorsman and former baseball coach. He also...
                  09-21-2021, 07:40 PM
                • Two 1911 Dominators Hunting Prep-Steel out to 500 yards with videos
                  by Ernie

On Friday I went out to Mac's Gunworks to zero and get some drops out to 500 yards with my two Pachmayr Dominator's. These both have long eye pistol...
                  09-19-2021, 09:18 AM
                • Turn out the lights
                  by fitch270
                  Elvis has left the building.
                  09-17-2021, 07:58 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X