Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a remington 870 express magnum from a friend. what ammunition can I shoot in it, and can I shoot the 3 1/2 shell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a remington 870 express magnum from a friend. what ammunition can I shoot in it, and can I shoot the 3 1/2 shell?

Just bought a remington 870 express magnum from a friend. what ammunition can I shoot in it, and can I shoot the 3 1/2 shell?

Check the ammunition allowed stamp on the barrel and in your owners manual and also printed on the box. These sources should list the shell sizes your shotgun can utilize.

Comment

Thanks, I saw on the side of the barrel 2 3/4" and 3". I had heard and read online that you could use the 3 1/2 Oh well. Could I use anything other than regular lead shot, like slugs or the sabot round?

Comment

Yes you can...I hope you got a newer gun that came with some interchangeable choke tubes...go online and see ho the choke tubes affect the pellet patterns for various game...you can even get a rifled choke tube to shoot slugs of all types more accurately. The shotgun is truly a one gun that can take almost all game in the Americas...albeit at shorter distances...but pretty much anything that walks ..crawls or flies.

Comment

I think what you were hoping you bought from your friend was a Remington 870 "Super" express magnum. The Super express magnums do shoot 3 1/2" shells but the express magnums only go up to 3".

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget