Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys I'm looking for a new 3.5 in waterfowl gun. I have a benelli montefeltro that I brought to North Dakota and it was lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys I'm looking for a new 3.5 in waterfowl gun. I have a benelli montefeltro that I brought to North Dakota and it was lite

Hey guys I'm looking for a new 3.5 in waterfowl gun. I have a benelli montefeltro that I brought to North Dakota and it was literally the worst conditions out there for a blued and wood gun and it was just horrible on the gun ( it was 18 degrees outside with windchill and it was sleeting with 60mph winds

Weather conditions like that are going to be harsh on all guns...after a day like you explained you NEED to disassemble the weapon and clean/dry it all out. The wooden stock could definitely become a problem...I would look into a synthetic stock for the montefeltro before I went looking for a new gun.

Comment

some how this dint post all of my question. I posted that I was looking at the Winchester sx3, browning maxus, benelli sbe 2, beretta extrema 2, and beretta A400 which do you guys think is best? and JM they don't make synthetic stocks for the montefeltro im pretty sure

Comment

I've seen a montefeltro with a synthetic stock but I am not sure where it was purchased. There are also many methods out there to protect wooden stocks and blued steel in harsh weather(various waxes and oils). Again, I would look into this before purchasing a new gun.

Comment

I agree with JM, taking care of the guns you have is usually a lot cheaper than buying new ones. If there are aftermarket synthetic stocks available for the montefeltro, I would go that route, personally. And honestly, unless you're pass-shooting geese at 60 yards or something, 3.5" shells are overrated for waterfowl. 3 inchers are all you need for 95 percent of hunting situations.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget