Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need opinions on a new 12 gauge semi-auto to be my all around shotgun- clays, turkey, deer and duck. I would like to stay away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need opinions on a new 12 gauge semi-auto to be my all around shotgun- clays, turkey, deer and duck. I would like to stay away

I need opinions on a new 12 gauge semi-auto to be my all around shotgun- clays, turkey, deer and duck. I would like to stay away from the expensive benellies. I was considering the Remington Versa Max or the old faithful Beretta Xtrema.2- anybody strongly recommend either of these guns?

My brother uses a Remington Versa Max and i've never heard a single complaint out of him.

Comment

Versa Max or 11-87.

Comment

I know they cost a little more, but in my opinion Browning makes the best auto loading shotgun. There is also nothing wrong with the two brands you listed, and you really could not go wrong with either one, in my opinion.

Comment

I'd take a good look at the Browning Maxus. For a few hundred less the Winchester SX3 is worth a look too.
          Nothing wrong with the Extrema 2, but I'll pass on the new Versa Max.

Comment

I've been hunting a lot of years, and shot a lot of different shot guns. My favorite is my Ithaca model 51. Now I know they don't make it anymore but they have newer models at a very reasonable price and their very well made and dependable. I have 1 shot gun with 3 barrels trap/skeet/slug. By using the same gun for all 3 uses you get to be a much better shot. I have had friends that have Merkles that shot mine and liked it very much, so that says something for Ithaca guns.And it does'nt cost any wher near as much as some of the others!!

Comment

Have you seen the price on the Rem Versa Max ? It's right up there with the "B" guns.Take a look at the Stoeger 3500 it made by the parent company Benelli for less than $600 and has gotten very good reviews.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                by jhjimbo
                Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
              • Spur of the moment rifle
                by Amflyer
                I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
              • The $20 Shooting Shack
                by fitch270
                So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
              • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                by dewman
                one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
              • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                by dewman
                So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X