Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an all-around shotgun? The venerable 30-06 has been touted by many as the all-around rifle and I was wondering if ther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an all-around shotgun? The venerable 30-06 has been touted by many as the all-around rifle and I was wondering if ther

Is there an all-around shotgun? The venerable 30-06 has been touted by many as the all-around rifle and I was wondering if there is a shotgun that can take upland birds, dove and waterfowl in the Fall and turkey in the Spring?

Mossberg 835 is tough to beat for an all around gun.

Comment

Remington 870, is a good one.

Comment

I second the motion for the Remington 870.

Comment

Rem 870, WinX2 or a Browning gold or Maxus.

Comment

Remington 870 is the gun of my choice. Not only is it reliable and fun but you can buy anything from a riffled slug barrel to a black powder barrel and equip it with any kind of attachments. Its a great all around gun!

Comment

I have a Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge, I have a rifled barrel that I can throw on it if need be for deer hunting. Good gun, not too expensive and shoots very nicely after all these years. It too is a great all around gun.

Comment

An autoloader sucks up some pretty nasty recoil on those hot Waterfowl loads so much as a love my old Rem 870 I would vote for the REmington 11-87. It have a variety of available chokes and a number of barrels to install for other game.

Comment

I'm partial to the Rem 870, but I have to admit that for an all-around pump shotgun, the Mossberg 500 is also great.

Comment

I believe the shooter makes the shot ,not vice versa.As for an all around shotgun IT'S A MATTER OF PERSONAL choice to how it feels in youre hand .WITHOUT the ability to switch barrels ,a modified choke on a 3 inch magnum with a 28inch length.changing shot size would complete the varibles and hope that this particular smoothbore would shoot slugs well,as I've mentioned before some barrels shoot them well and some don't .

Comment

the shooter makes the gun

Comment

consider a benelli supernova. i shoot mine for ducks, geese, swan, dove and pheasants. it will shoot 2and3/4 all the way to 3and 1/2 inch loads. its also more reliable then a semi-auto and even though it is a pump action it has a recoil reduction system.

Comment

The best shotgun is the one in your hand! I like the Remington line-up. (1100, 870, 11-87)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X