Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IM trying to get into trap shooting but dont know what gun to get. Im 15.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IM trying to get into trap shooting but dont know what gun to get. Im 15.

IM trying to get into trap shooting but dont know what gun to get. Im 15.

Buckhunter101, I shot competition trap and skeet when I was your age. What I would look for is a gun that will serve you well in the field and during shotgun games.
    I shot a 20 gauge Beretta auto... I think it was the Silver Mallard model (do not quote me on that).
    For an all-round gun that you can get for a decent price, I would look at an auto from a well-known maker. The make and model is purely personal preferance. There are many firearms makers who build fine products.
    The auto would be my choice due to its reduced recoil if you are shooting a lot of rounds... and over/unders tend to be a little expensive.
    Do not limit yourself to trap. Think of what you would want for a combination trap, skeet, sporting clays, field gun.

Comment

Like Captain said don't limit yourself. You don't have to go out and by a trap grade shotgun right now either. I've shot more rounds of trap with my BPS than with my Beretta just because it is my gun of choice to actually hit something with. Find a gun that fits you and see how you like the different shooting games. Once you've decided what you like you can move up to a nicer gun if you want.

Comment

I would get a Remington 870 Express. Its a good all around gun. I bought one when I was a sophomore in high school and shot on my schools shooting team my junior year, the next year I bought a Remington o/u when I decided that I liked shooting clays. Start with a good universal cheap gun like the 870 and move on from there.

Comment

just about any make will do the fit is important and most shooters prefer a striaght stock and high comb ;the barrel should be a tight choke either full or trap ,any barrel over 30inches is a waste as the pattern is already set,the remington 870 is a good choice as the barrels are easily interchange able. o/u guns is an extra barrel that after a couple of days of shooting fatigue becomes a weight factor w/ them BE aware of the man with only one gun he's probably good with it. good luck keep youre cheek on the stock and both eyes open

Comment

Remington 1100 Trap gun and call me in the morning.

Comment

Remington 870 Express is the way to go. Albert, owner of http://www.bestgamingmouseinfo.com

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                Today, 02:15 PM
              • Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X