Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 15 and i'm looking for a good all around shotgun that i can use on both turkeys and whitetails, maybe some quail to, but i n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 15 and i'm looking for a good all around shotgun that i can use on both turkeys and whitetails, maybe some quail to, but i n

I'm 15 and i'm looking for a good all around shotgun that i can use on both turkeys and whitetails, maybe some quail to, but i need for it to be under 350$-450$ or less; any suggestions?

Mossberg model 500 will fit in your price range with a combo package they offer ,ther are several variations of this combo from ported and chered wood to synthetic so take your time and find what you really want.The retail on these combos are $400 to $500 for a rifled slug barrel and a shot barrel.

Comment

Speaking of the Mossberg 500, Walmart carries them, in wood stocks for less than $250, or did last year. Acadamy carried them with synthetic stock for less than that.
      I have one, and love it. I got it more than twenty years ago and it still works great, it has never failed me. Gotta love it.
      You can also order different barrels, slug barrel or a muzzleloading barrel for a 12 ga only. For the amount you have to spend, you could get three guns to fit on one stock, a smoothbore, a rifled bore and a muzzleloader. can't go wrong.

Comment

I would go with the reminton 870. I also own a mossberg 500, but i love my 870.

Comment

I prefer the Rem 870 but the Mossberg 500 is about as good. Look at Bo's comment about different barrels. Start with a smooth barrel with a screw in choke & add on when you have the money. Turkey season's coming up quick--start with a full choke, no scope needed--you're almost ready to hunt. Be safe & good luck.

Comment

go out and get you a 12 gauge single shot its good for anything and every thing

Comment

I would say the 12 or 20 gauge Remington Laminated Slug Combo Express. This shotgun comes with a 28 inch Field barrel and a Rifled Slug barrel, drilled and tapped for a scope and has iron sights all for $430. You can get this shotgun combo at Cabelas or Dick's Sporting Goods. I also love the Mossberg 500 Field and H&R Single Shot but for the game you want to hunt, I think the 870 I mentioned is the way to go. I hope to pick one up myself.

Comment

You can get a Remington 870 Express Combo with a field and rifled barrel thats in your price range.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                  by Scott123
                  Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                  Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                • Blade Stain
                  by jhjimbo
                  Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                  Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                • Home Defense
                  by jhjimbo
                  If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                  10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                • Pay it forward
                  by fitch270
                  I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                  10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                • Reloading Gear Order
                  by fitch270
                  I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                  10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X