Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am gonna do some clay shootin' and am wondering what shells perform best. I am just doing it at my home with a hand thrower, s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am gonna do some clay shootin' and am wondering what shells perform best. I am just doing it at my home with a hand thrower, s

I am gonna do some clay shootin' and am wondering what shells perform best. I am just doing it at my home with a hand thrower, so it's nothing professional. My local gun shop told me to use 2.75 in. #9 with one and one eighth oz. of shot. That seems a little small to me, but what do you guys say?

2 3/4 shells are fine i usually just go and get target loads that are usually in size 6-7.5 shot. But if you are just going to shoot for fun it doesn't really matter, just use what works good, no need to get into more expensive target loads for recreational use.

Comment

The reason for the 9's is a denser pattern.Clay is not hard to break so you don't need larger pellets.Think of it as a handycap,more shot in the air means more breaks.

Comment

Try it out. If your not satisfied, pick up a different shot. Its not as though you need to concern yourself with the problem of wounding an animal, the target is clay birds.

Comment

If its just behind the house, go to walmart and get a value pack of 100. I've always used #8 shot with 1 1/8oz of shot.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X