Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have my grandfather's Winchester 94 Top-Eject Caliber.30-30 to which I will be using a newly aquired Kwik scope side mount w/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have my grandfather's Winchester 94 Top-Eject Caliber.30-30 to which I will be using a newly aquired Kwik scope side mount w/

I have my grandfather's Winchester 94 Top-Eject Caliber.30-30 to which I will be using a newly aquired Kwik scope side mount w/ 1" rings. I need scope reconmendations as to what make & model with a windage knob (It's usually mounted on the right side of the scope) that could clear the ejection port without the brass hitting it and with eye-relief around 6" to 8" I think?

if this is a pre-war model 94.you a ruining a classic old gun by putting a scope on it.If your grand father is still with you ask him his opinion. but dont stand to close when you ask him because he going to want to swat you upside the head. Think before you destroy your grand fathers gun

Comment

Well...unfortunately he not with us any more but, he could rise from the grave and knock some since into me, on the other hand! I not sure if its' a pre-war but, maybe a commrative of some kind? It's Markings are: Winchester 94 Caliber.30-30win Canadian Centenial 1867 - 1967, It has some engraving on th receiver, a saddle ring, a metal buttplate, and the bluing lightly or moderntly worn and a bit of wear & a chip on the buttstock. He and my father used it for hunting deer(Very accurate with Winchester Super-X 170gr. Silver-Tips at 100yds.)!

Comment

Update: I may not put a scope on it afterall but, I would like to know what my options are if possible? My eye's are near-sighted and I wear glasses that don't seem to help when my dieabetes act's up.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget