Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could only own one gun,for both defence and for hunting, What would it be? As for myself it would be my Ruger, 44 auto lo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could only own one gun,for both defence and for hunting, What would it be? As for myself it would be my Ruger, 44 auto lo

If you could only own one gun,for both defence and for hunting, What would it be? As for myself it would be my Ruger, 44 auto loader.

Mossberg 500, 12ga Pump

Comment

Yes, I'd say some good brand of 12 ga. pump. You can get different barrels for different kinds of hunting and a good short barrel, open choke for home defense.

Comment

I have a Mossberg 20 gauge as the house gun. My wife can shoot it, so can my daughter. I keep it with an IC choke and loaded with 5 rounds of #4 shot. At distances less than 30-40 feet, it puts big holes in targets that I shoot. I've also killed a bunch of quail, rabbit, squirrel, and pheasant with it. I have a rifled slug barrel for it and my daughter used it one year to go deer hunting with me. She decided she was not a hunter, but the bright side is I got anew barrel that is almost like getting a new gun.

Comment

A 12 gauge shotgun,pump or auto, should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Ram View Post
            Mossberg 500, 12ga Pump
            Yep, that or a Remington 870 if shotgun is your choice

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
              Yes, I'd say some good brand of 12 ga. pump. You can get different barrels for different kinds of hunting and a good short barrel, open choke for home defense.
              I'm with you on that Pineywoods

Comment

Originally posted by Bo View Post
                I have a Mossberg 20 gauge as the house gun. My wife can shoot it, so can my daughter. I keep it with an IC choke and loaded with 5 rounds of #4 shot. At distances less than 30-40 feet, it puts big holes in targets that I shoot. I've also killed a bunch of quail, rabbit, squirrel, and pheasant with it. I have a rifled slug barrel for it and my daughter used it one year to go deer hunting with me. She decided she was not a hunter, but the bright side is I got anew barrel that is almost like getting a new gun.
                There's certainly nothing wrong with a 20 gauge

Comment

Originally posted by CCMJS View Post
                  A 12 gauge shotgun,pump or auto, should do the trick.
                  Hard to beat that!

Comment

In years past, I would have picked my 870 as an all around. But, if hunting is limited to deer and pigs, then the AR in .300 Blackout would be my choice.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                      In years past, I would have picked my 870 as an all around. But, if hunting is limited to deer and pigs, then the AR in .300 Blackout would be my choice.
                      Would be too tough on small game though

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                        by jhjimbo
                        Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                        Yesterday, 10:38 PM
                      • Spur of the moment rifle
                        by Amflyer
                        I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                        Yesterday, 11:25 AM
                      • The $20 Shooting Shack
                        by fitch270
                        So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                        09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                      • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                        by dewman
                        one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                        09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                      • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                        by dewman
                        So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                        09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X