Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does any body have a 22 rifle for sale. i would prefer a winchester. or does any body know any were to get a cheap one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does any body have a 22 rifle for sale. i would prefer a winchester. or does any body know any were to get a cheap one

does any body have a 22 rifle for sale. i would prefer a winchester. or does any body know any were to get a cheap one

I would check pawn shops in your area. Be careful, the ATF takes a dim view of people buying rifles from a person in another state, They lose what little sense of humor they have. (Which ain't much)
    Check local outlets first. You might try shotgun news but you will need to have someone with an FFL to receive it, usually gets expensive. I like pawn shops

Comment

Pawn shops are a good way to go. Depends how cheap you're looking but I will give my never ending recommendation that a Ruger 10/22 is the best investment anyone looking for a .22 can have. You can pick up a new one for around $180 if you shop around and if you want to bump up to stainless steel, you'll get into $210-230 range. I bought mine about 12 years ago and I wouldn't even want to guess how many rounds have gone through it. I can still kill rabits with nothing but my open sights at 100 yds. Love that gun.

Comment

Not sure where you are located. Lucky for me that there are a couple of great gun shops near me that post online inventories:

Williams Gunsight:

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/808usedrifles.htm

Jaqua's

http://www.jaquas.com/gunlist/default.asp

Not sure what you want to spend but I saw a pretty nice Winchester 61 (older pump) at Williams and a very nice used Remington 572 pump at the local Gander Mountain yesterday. Pump .22s are a blast to shoot.

Comment

Mike has a good point with the pump! We had a Winchester 62 (pump) growing up and it was extremely fun to shoot.

Comment

walmart or the classifieds

Comment

personaly iagree with you, i love the winchesters, how they handle, shoot and operate, but also winchester is expensive, the most accurate, reliable and had te most value for the least price would be the .22 savage 62 stevens model from wal-mart

Comment

Cabalas carries the remington 597 for under $200, plus you can buy aftermarket 30rd mags for under $20, fun at the range.

Comment

I bought my Remington 597 .22LR with 1" scope rings installed(it's iron sights were removed) and with four 10 round magazines for $78.00 at a auction on the www.gunbroker.com website, after shipping, background check, and trainsfer tax through a FFL Dealer, it was a total of $128.00! I thought that the use of 1" rings were a little weird instead of 3/4" ones, but they worked just fine. Then a cheap 1" Tasco 3x9x40 for around $12.50 from the same website. A bit over-powered on the scope, it will do for now!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                    by fitch270
                    I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                    Yesterday, 01:34 PM
                  • Reloading Gear Order
                    by fitch270
                    I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                    10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                  • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                    by dewman
                    Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                    10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                  • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                    by Ernie
                    Any handgun hunters here?
                    Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                    10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
                  • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                    by Ernie
                    I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                    hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                    10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X