Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHOOTING SPORTING CLAYS OR TRAP IS GETTING TO BE A POPULAR THING TO DO FOR PARTYS AND CARITY EVENTS, WHICH I'M GALD TO SEE. THE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOOTING SPORTING CLAYS OR TRAP IS GETTING TO BE A POPULAR THING TO DO FOR PARTYS AND CARITY EVENTS, WHICH I'M GALD TO SEE. THE

SHOOTING SPORTING CLAYS OR TRAP IS GETTING TO BE A POPULAR THING TO DO FOR PARTYS AND CARITY EVENTS, WHICH I'M GALD TO SEE. THEREFORE ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER OR "ALONG TIME AGO" SHOT, SHOTGUNS ARE GOING TO THESE GET TOGETHERS, I HAVE LOANED MY GUN TO SOME AND HAVE WENT OVER THE SAFETY ISSUES VERY CAREFULLY. THE NEXT QUESTION IS "HOW DO I HIT ENOUGH NOT TO EMBARRASS MYSELF”. I DO NOT CLAIM TO BE A GOOD SHOT CAN YOU GIVE ME FOUR OR FIVE SIMPLE THINGS TO TELL THESE BEGINERS, AND FOR THAT MATTER US NOVISES. I THINK THESE EVENTS ARE GREAT AND HOPE THEY CONTINNUE GETTING MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN A GREAT ACTIVITY AS SPORT SHOTTING.

like it was said al lot of people are first time shooters so you shouldnt be embarrased everyones probably going to suck but relax and take your time on the shot you dont need to blast it as soon as its (flung, tossed, shot?)

Comment

A simple but effective lesson is dry firing at targets before actual shooting begins/swing with the bird and follow thru for lead realizing that it's hard to lead to much . the more the better.understanding the shot pattern is like a large cyclinder 3 to 4ft, wide and 25 ft. long.also helps. proper stance and learning to shoot with both eyes open the next best step.most experienced shooters are more than willing to help you out if you'll just ask them , keep youre cheeck down and the birds will break . enjoy we all miss

Comment

Work on your stance, and technique if you want to get better just practice and get into the flow. Let trap shooting become a natural thing, i always miss a few, don't let yourself get embarrassed about missing some, do it because you enjoy it. There are always those that will help you out and coach you too. But practice your stance and technique so it's almost automatic response to shoot the clay and you'll get better at it. I always miss some when i haven't shot in a while, but after a few times up at the plate you'll get back into it pretty quick.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
          by fitch270
          Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
          Today, 08:27 PM
        • Unusual Sound
          by jhjimbo
          At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
          Today, 02:17 PM
        • bedding on new rifle
          by Amflyer
          Finally painted some release and on the action and blocked the undercuts with clay. Was out of the commercial release, a vinyl paint on solution by Brownells,...
          Today, 12:22 AM
        • Pictures blocked when logged out?
          by fitch270
          Can't quite figure this one out since it doesn't happen on F&S, if I'm not logged in posted pictures aren't showing up. Doubt its just me.
          Yesterday, 08:57 PM
        • Son of a Fitch: turkey taxidermy
          by fitch270

The kid put this together with his solo bird from this spring. He split a slice of maple for the mounting board, dried the...
          09-23-2020, 07:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X