Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD2
    replied
    The action is not smooth, hopefully gets better w time. Trigger....yeah i already said it sucks. Had one pc of empty brass tbat wouldnt extract. Easy flip.out w fingernail

Read the extractors on these rifles are problematic.

Magazine is such you have to get rim edge under by inserting at angle and then push nose down to get along follower. It aint nice n smooth like a 1022 mag or others.

Fail to pick up a couple. At first. Ran better at end.

Its a cheap rickety system. At least its not a plastic mag like was on my 541T HB. What a pos that was and why I sold that rifle.

Figure run 500.rounds though this pig and give an update. So far shoots OK but aint nuthing else to write home about.

Its a Savage.

Shoulda dropped 1500.for something nicer.
    LOL
    You know, have something in back of safe Ill hardly ever use that cost 3x as much.

BTW i went and checked a Blaser F16 this weekend.
    And some others. Just looked, didn't shoot. Two used Red Labels at a shop. Theyre up in price.

Learned SKB is Turkish built now....boooo. saw some CZ stuff.

Looks like Browning 725 or Beretta 686 might be my next 20 ga field gun. Im still rocking two beater Remington 12 ga. My 300 dollar 1100 SP and 215 dollar 870 Express Supermag turkey.

Would.like something a little nicer for birds n bunnies. Wood on either was rather disappointing.
    So bland as to say why bother.....just go synth

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    If it stays sub .5 moa at 50 w reg HV Fiocchi ill buy a few bricks of that and consider it done.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Trigger too heavy. Needs tweaked/ adjusted.
    Was on a run for steel dove loads and that took me past gun club to two other shops. Couldnt sleep so was up and at my range bright n early.

Gun was brand new. Last night around 3 am im running Hoppes brushes and patches. About 6 of those and some brown crud coming off bbl. Did maybe a dozen patches after, still brownish. Dunno what packing grease or ? Savage used.

Got to range and shot 5 into dirt. Fiocchi reg HV.
    ​​​Then went to adjust scope. Took 5 to get it in red dot at 25 yards off bags.

​​​​​​So 10 shots on fresh rig. Shot 5 rounds of Win 42gr Max and then shot another 5 for group.

Then shot 5 of Fiocchi and then 5 for group

Finally 5 RWS rifle match, and then 5 for group.

The reg Fiocchi HV stuff was best from the get go.

Figure burn 300 to break it in and then try somd 50 yarder.

Only 5 shot groups today The Fiocchi below.
    Did not try any SK standard plus or CCI minimag or Blazer.

It was horribly humid.

IMG_20220807_095626044.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CD2; 08-07-2022, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Fitch,

If Im not mistaken, NRL22 has two classes. Base and Open. Base class is rifle and scope under 1200 bucks MSRP. Im a couple hundred under the Base class limit.

Know guys running. $3-5K setups.

With my eyes and body falling apart, itd be a waste of money to try competing in Open class.

I don't know what my factory synth CZ455 weighs. Am thinking of reaming it to .22 mag since I can't find a factory bbl around. Buy a mag and pull spacer and itd be swapped.
    Last edited by CD2; 07-19-2022, 01:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    I'm a big fan of Talley's lightweights. More than tough enough.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by CD2 View Post
    7.5 lbs for rifle. 25.1 oz for scope and rings. 12 oz for bipods.....from manufacturers literature. Looks like its close ( 9.8) dunno what base weighs.
    She ought to sit pretty still during recoil then.

I’m not familiar with the matches you’re getting yourself into. Assuming that set up falls within the rules. Our rules are fairly simple, biggest thing is the rig can’t weigh over 7.5 lbs all up. The Athlon I’m currently using specs around 19oz I believe, with the steel Talley’s it pushed the package to 7.51 or some such. The answer was to shoot without the magazine in place. Weight ends up 7.49x. It’s kind of a hassle as empties sometimes get stuck in the well. I like the mounts so would rather not change them, next step is to see what it weighs without the turret caps on.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    7.5 lbs for rifle. 25.1 oz for scope and rings. 12 oz for bipods.....from manufacturers literature. Looks like its close ( 9.8) dunno what base weighs.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Bathroom scales say rifle weighs 9.9 lbs as pictured. Weighed myself 3 times at 194.5.....rifle and me weight 204.4
    Last edited by CD2; 07-18-2022, 12:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Nice rig, oozes potential

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Storms comin, supposed to be bad tomorrow. May try to shoot between lightning bolts. Until then, a half arsed pic off patio LOL
    Mult post because upload and other jacked previous single w more info and pic included.

Honked me off.

Happens to me constantly. Gotta remember to hit the “remember me” button when logging in. 😡

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Wicked. In a good way. Thanks.

Any clue what it weighs all up like that?

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Storms comin, supposed to be bad tomorrow. May try to shoot between lightning bolts. Until then, a half arsed pic off patio LOL
    Mult post because upload and other jacked previous single w more info and pic included.

Honked me off.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    I may paint stock kind of like a Manners, but in more fall coloring. Dunno yet. See if i open channel a little more.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    My kitchen island thing is level. Placed rifle in harris bipod ( leg notch non swivel ) on top. Removed scope and laid a level across the base. Rifle is rotated right.

Popped leg to first notch on right and level showed bubble center.

Put scope and rings back on and adjusted w level on big elev turret cap. Proly not perfect but way better / close.

Turns out the Boyds stocks forend isnt symmentrical.

Tried a pc of paper to check free float. Nope.
    popped action out of stock and there were some rough edges, material sticking up......where 5 or 6 little holes were drilled in bbl channel, pretty much above swivel stud.

So sanded that clear and a pc of paper will now slide back. Not folded double though.

Damn I hate laminated stocks. Personally I think the material cheap and wimpy.
    Last edited by CD2; 07-16-2022, 06:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget