Savage Axis 2 at the range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage Axis 2 at the range

Some pals wanted to shoot at the range this morning. Mostly 22 rifles and pistols. Talley hasn't started selling their lightweights for Bergara BMRs yet so it stayed home. A couple centerfire were going so I grabbed up the Axis even though a Boyds was already firmly planted in my head. I bombed badly shooting my MK4 so won't talk about that. Anyways, these are shots five,six, and seven at one hundred and four yds. Maybe I'll leave the stock alone. Blue box Federal, one fifty grain.
    Anybody else ever eat Yum Yum sauce on their deer. Pretty tasty! IMG_2793.jpg IMG_2795.jpg IMG_2791.jpg

That’ll work.

I’ve decided to mostly leave my Ruger American as is, other than upping the rattle can paint job I did on it already. No point in trying to turn it into something it isn’t. I can appreciate it for what it is.

You still finding .308 ammo? I picked up more Fed AutoMatch a couple weekends back, that Walmart didn’t have a limit but we didn’t go crazy.

Never heard of Yum Yum sauce, what’s it taste like?

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
      That’ll work.

I’ve decided to mostly leave my Ruger American as is, other than upping the rattle can paint job I did on it already. No point in trying to turn it into something it isn’t. I can appreciate it for what it is.

You still finding .308 ammo? I picked up more Fed AutoMatch a couple weekends back, that Walmart didn’t have a limit but we didn’t go crazy.

Never heard of Yum Yum sauce, what’s it taste like?
      There's 308 ammo everywhere. Walmart has 7 or 8 different kinds, Academy Sports even more. This is all hunting ammo. It's why I bought one in the first place. I gave up on 7-08 for now.
      Thought about some leaf stencils and spray bombing my stock too but I just stuck a Bass Pro sticker on instead. Lazy 🤦🏻‍♂️
      Yum Yum is what they serve at Japanese restaurants. I can't tell you what it tastes like. It's tricky to describe.
      I seen a couple Montana Rifles for sale here. Probably hit 2k with tax. Honestly they don't seem that special to me, I must be missing something.
      Stay safe

Comment

"... There's 308 ammo everywhere. Walmart has 7 or 8 different kinds, Academy Sports even more. ..."

Stopped in an Academy in Corpus Christi, TX.
        At that time, they kept all the ammo in a case at the check out.
        I asked the lady with the ammo case key, "Do you have any .308?"
        She looked and profoundly stated, "No."
        "What do you have?" I asked.
        "We've got some 5.56, some .223, some 7.62×51....."
        "Did you say 7.62×51?"
        "Yes."
        "I'll take 2 boxes."
        "You can only get one."
        "I'll take one."

Comment

FirstBubba: The pawn shop and gunshop (2different places) have stacks of 6.8 spc. But of course, no 7-08. Seen good supplies of 270, 30/06, 45-70, 30-30 as well. Stacks of 350 legend. No one around here has seen 243 in almost 2 years.

Comment

Nice outfit and good shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post

There's 308 ammo everywhere. Walmart has 7 or 8 different kinds, Academy Sports even more. This is all hunting ammo. It's why I bought one in the first place. I gave up on 7-08 for now.
              Thought about some leaf stencils and spray bombing my stock too but I just stuck a Bass Pro sticker on instead. Lazy 🤦🏻‍♂️
              Yum Yum is what they serve at Japanese restaurants. I can't tell you what it tastes like. It's tricky to describe.
              I seen a couple Montana Rifles for sale here. Probably hit 2k with tax. Honestly they don't seem that special to me, I must be missing something.
              Stay safe
              What is spray bombing?

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                FirstBubba: The pawn shop and gunshop (2different places) have stacks of 6.8 spc. But of course, no 7-08. Seen good supplies of 270, 30/06, 45-70, 30-30 as well. Stacks of 350 legend. No one around here has seen 243 in almost 2 years.
                They must ship production to areas generally based on their past sales records so a low sale caliber is at the bottom of the list. A new caliber or configuration would probably get shipments to larger distributors first.

Comment

jhjimbo: thank you but I think both of us would agree an Axis isn't our first choice in rifle styles. Still like they say, "only accurate guns are interesting."
                  Spray bombing is just another way of saying rattle can.
                  Of course Walmart and Academy sports employees would have no clue about inventory, they just deal with whatever comes in on the truck but the gunshops can't understand why 350 legend gets pushed on them when no one here is buying rifles so chambered and they can't get backordered 243 or 35 rem, 17hmr, heck even 38sp/357 is a no show. They can't even backorder 280, 25/06 or 300wsm.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget