A .270 for WAM! πŸ˜‰

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A .270 for WAM! πŸ˜‰

I may be behind the times, but this might just an old .300 Mangle'em shooter like WAM!

It's parent case is the .404 Jeffery. Yikes! That otter hold a butt load of powder! ....and recoil! πŸ˜–

https://www.rifleshootermag.com/edit...-carbon/451646

Wasn't the .404 the parent case for the Ultra Mags a few years ago? There's not usually much under the sun that's new in the world of riflery

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
      Wasn't the .404 the parent case for the Ultra Mags a few years ago? There's not usually much under the sun that's new in the world of riflery
      Yes sir! It surely was! That's a lot of powder to burn at one trigger pull!
      WAM is always talking down the .270 and pushing his Wby mag. Thought he might like this one! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
        I may be behind the times, but this might just an old .300 Mangle'em shooter like WAM!

It's parent case is the .404 Jeffery. Yikes! That otter hold a butt load of powder! ....and recoil! πŸ˜–

https://www.rifleshootermag.com/edit...-carbon/451646
        Yep, it’s similar to what a 7mm Weatherby TTSX handload will do and burn a bunch more powder in the process.

Comment

The .270 Weatherby would be more apples to apples.

Another article gives a little different numbers comparing .277 cal chamberings.

https://www.rmef.org/elk-network/27-nosler/

Not mentioned in FB’s link (that I saw anyway) was the 1-8.5 twist rate of the 27 Nosler. More Creed trickledown, faster twist rate to use higher BC heavy for caliber bullets.

Seems to me at some point β€œfast twist” and β€œheavy for caliber” will be the new normal and will be outdated terms.

I’ll stick with the old .270 Win thanks.

Comment

"... I’ll stick with the old .270 Win thanks. ..."

Myself, well, the .277 bullet anyway.
            I haven't had the nerve to try the Ruger No.1 since the whole shoulder thing. Guess I'll just hang with the 6.8 AR until I get up the nerve.
            Doctor assured me if it pops out, only surgery will put it back. I'm just not ready to chance that yet!

The Ruger is the heaviest .270 I have. I'm hoping light bullets and light loads may make it shootable.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
              by CD2
              Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
              08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
            • TriggerTech installed
              by fitch270
              First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
              08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
            • Aquila ammo test
              by dewman
              Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
              Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
              08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
            • Show and Tell
              by Amflyer
              Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
              08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
            • College Orientation News
              by fitch270
              Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
              07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X