• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bergara BMR at the range

IMG_0068.jpg CCI mini-mags (sp) 10 shots----- IMG_2639.jpg
    Winchester power point (hp) 10 shots-------- IMG_2640.jpg
    Both but not mixed on same target IMG_2643.jpg
    All off sandbags & bench at 100yds. Sunny,70 degrees, negligible wind, people shading the shooter.
    Took between 50-75 rounds to get bolt working smoothly, like glass now, trigger fully adjustable down to 2.5lbs.
    5rd magazine no issues, the 10 round wanted to stovepipe the last round for the first couple loading but it resolved itself
    Questions? Stay safe aim small
    dewman
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Last edited by dewman; 12-15-2021, 02:44 PM.

Good Lord that’s horrible. You’d better send it to me before you lose confidence in your shooting ability. I’m used to looking at groups even bigger than those so it won’t bother me one bit.

B14 in 7mm-08 gonna be calling to you bad.

Edit; CCI group looks a tad better than the Win, was that consistent throughout the session?

Bet you had a big grin on your face all day.
    fitch270
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Last edited by fitch270; 12-03-2021, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
      Good Lord that’s horrible. You’d better send it to me before you lose confidence in your shooting ability. I’m used to looking at groups even bigger than those so it won’t bother me one bit.

B14 in 7mm-08 gonna be calling to you bad.

Edit; CCI group looks a tad better than the Win, was that consistent throughout the session?

Bet you had a big grin on your face all day.
      Yeah....grinning like a jackass eating cactus! 😂🤣

I'd go to grabbing all the CCI Mini Mags I could get my grubby paws on! LOL!
      VERY nice dewman!

Comment

There were 4 of us but 2 more pairs who were also up there at the range (doe season opens tomorrow and the weather was amazing)sauntered over so there was 8 of us total. I would of had a swelled head but my crippled butt tried offhand and did not touch the gophers once. 0 for 10 offhand. Should have quit when I was ahead. Got 2 very good offers on it but it was a Christmas gift.
        If I get a new rifle next year it won't be a 7mm-08. If I put all my centerfire needs in one basket and shells are a no show I'll have a gun case full of scoped art. Probably be a 6.5 Creedmoor or maybe a 350 Legend Winchester. Shells first, gun later.
        Consensus is CCI is the best option, have 800
        dewman
        ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
        Last edited by dewman; 12-04-2021, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I forgot about your 6.5 CVA, good plan to diversify some but still have multiple use capabilities.

I’m nursing a bruised shooting ego myself. This season’s league has been a horrible roller coaster ride. Last week I pulled a shot off the scoring ring and had two 6’s to boot. Score was a 254 after a 246 (with another miss) several weeks back. I’ve also shot several low 270’s and haven’t figured out why I can’t consistently settle in. I get on the line for match targets and can feel myself tense up. End up throwing 4-5 shots per night that kill my overall score.

Last 4 weeks my daughter has beat me three times and we tied the other. The Kid is off the charts averaging close to 280. He keeps the rust knocked off he’ll likely pull it up over by season’s end. My wife has struggled this year as well but beat me by one point last week. My sister in law is crushing it almost as good as the Kid, averaging about 272. She’s loving her CZ I helped her pick out.

Meant to ask before, what ring set up are you using with this one?

Comment

Fitch: Just Leupold rifleman for now. This winter I'll look at others, maybe, since this gun has much potential.
            As for your shooting, if you are physically comfortable then it is probably a focusing issue. Relax. Enjoy it, look forward to it being your shot. Glad your family is enjoying much success.👍

Comment

dewman wrote:

"... If I get a new rifle next year it won't be a 7mm-08. If I put all my centerfire needs in one basket and shells are a no show I'll have a gun case full of scoped art. Probably be a 6.5 Creedmoor or..."

GACK! 🤯! NOT A 6.5 CM!

LMBO! All in good fun, mi amigo!
              SOOO many people are picking up the 6.5CM. pighunter has one and is loving it.
              I may tease you about following the "6.5 CM" craze, but there isn't a darn thing wrong with the cartridge.
              If that is your choice, I'm sure it will serve you well.

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget