A couple 😑😑 from the range yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple 😑😑 from the range yesterday

First, my 2001 Leupold vx2 crapped on me. I mean bullets flying everywhere. Had to burn more ammo I didn't want to determining it was indeed the scope. Different mounts, shots still all over. Different rifle, shots hitting up,down,left,right. Change scope, everything is πŸ‘. That was the pic I posted. Will send scope in later. First time a Leupold has took the big dump on me. Still my number one pick because currently I have 3 from the 70's mounted on rifles still going strong. Didn't like the 50 total rounds wasted this fall.
    A fella shooting with us had a 257R improved that split the cases wide open every shot.(4) Well below max loads. He put it up and we went by our gunsmith on our way home. Gunsmith wearing a bandage wrapped round his left hand. Seems he shot his palm with a 22. Did it with one of them North American Arms mini revolvers.
    Fitch: I now have 50 once fired 7-08 brass(40 Federal,10Nosler) so if you get short give a shout out.
    Stay safe - aim small. Hunting season is upon us. IMG_1540.JPG

Boy, that can be infuriating!
    Bought a rifle once, Could NOT get that hummer to shoot!
    Two or three different scopes and still looked like a scatter gun pattern! 🀬
    Out of sheer desperation, I stripped the scope off and sent it back (bought it new) to the manufacturer.
    Low and behold! About 2 weeks later, I unpacked a tack driver! A new pivot pin, a shim or two and tighten some other pins! Voila!

Comment

So if I’m following correctly this Leupold was on your M70 correct? What other rifle did you test it on and what, if any, did you mount on the Winchester?

I have a couple VX-1 1-4x20’s and a Vari-X IIc 3-9x40 that’s now sitting atop my .270. I’m liking the set up on the M700 but haven’t used that scope enough to really trust it. I bought it used, put it on a .243 and had the Kid sight it in with about five rounds. It seemed to function properly but that old Mossberg never was a real tack driver so it’s hard to tell. I’ll sight the .270 in with some factory loads I have then try some more hand loads. Hopefully I’ll get decent results out of both the scope and ammo. I know the rifle is consistent.

Keep us updated on how Leupold handles the warranty. I’ll be interested to know if they repair it or replace with a VX Freedom model, or maybe even something else.

Right now we’re good on 7-08 brass, but the way things are I certainly wouldn’t turn any homeless away. I also have some bullets and loaded ammo if someone gets in a pinch.

Comment

Fitch: I have an extra vx2 I bought when my nephew at Walmart was closing them out. Actually bought 3 for $149 apc. It rides the model 70 now. Posted it on here I believe. Mounted the bad one on my pals 700 classic (300Savage, plainest wood I've ever seen on a classic) while we were still at the range, it screwed his pooch too.
        Thinking I might try the box of Hornady lite, the low recoil stuff, just to see what they will do, before the 2 cortisone shots I got n my shoulder wear off too much.πŸ€”πŸ˜‰

Comment

I have a couple hundred Rem 140gr SP and some new WW 7mm 08 brass. Have not found a Sav 110 to build a rifle for it yet. Have the stock though ( B&C ).

Also have 10.boxes of WW Supreme 140gr ammo.

Cant find a deal anywhere, but dang if those Axis rifles arent all over.

Maybe when th economy tanks again I can score a savage short action.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Christmas present "trade"?
            by dewman
            You fellas remember I posted pics a ways back where I redid my 511-x .22? Well my son called me soon after and asked me to put it up and not shoot it...
            12-01-2021, 02:48 PM
          • Finally filled that elk tag!
            by Ernie
            Sometimes what you think is going to be a relatively easy and quick hunt, turns into a longer process. This has been the case, to fill my cow/calf elk...
            11-30-2021, 01:05 PM
          • Leupold screwed me
            by dewman
            had a little time yesterday afternoon so thought I would take a moment to get my recently "repaired" Leupold vx2 lined out. As it turns out,...
            11-29-2021, 09:57 AM
          • The TGIF Buck
            by fitch270
            First off, a shout out to FB for hanging out with me this afternoon from over 1000 miles away. I’m still a bit dumbfounded about what went down....
            11-26-2021, 11:49 PM
          • Have you tried a "shemagh"?
            by FirstBubba
            I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet...
            11-25-2021, 12:06 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X