Score!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score!!!!

Took my wife out tonight for her birthday at a Japanese restaurant out of town. Excellent meal. The place happens to be next door to our closest Walmart so while we were there we ran in quick for a few things. Of course I had to check out the ammo cabinet, as I approached I could see something on the top shelf pushed to the back. Holy cow! Plus the sign on the glass said three box limit per customer! Went looking for the wife before finding the counter guy to open the case. To top it off the price was $18.63, less than it was going for at DSP back under DT.

Not necessarily my first pick but still more than acceptable as we’ve had decent results with it before. Adding to what we had on hand we’re set for our .22 league this season with a bit of buffer. Don’t have to worry about it now. WoooHooo!

F5A191B1-0517-47F6-ACDD-A6AAD624C58E.jpeg

Nice find. One of my coworkers scored some of the same last week.

Comment

Wasn't sure after reading your title caption and then your first sentence exactly where you were heading but anyway. Nice ammo find, one less detail to fret over for the upcoming fall. Eternal vigilance and a modest effort will get most of us through these troubled times. BTW: I too have found much success hunting in drizzle and off/on rainy days. For a wide variety of game. (excluding rabbits) Had the last of my deer last night. Stay safeIMG_2474.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
        Wasn't sure after reading your title caption and then your first sentence exactly where you were heading but anyway. Nice ammo find, one less detail to fret over for the upcoming fall. Eternal vigilance and a modest effort will get most of us through these troubled times. BTW: I too have found much success hunting in drizzle and off/on rainy days. For a wide variety of game. (excluding rabbits) Had the last of my deer last night. Stay safeIMG_2474.JPG
        DEWMAN! You're a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad person! I haven't had venison on a plate in TWO YEARS! 😉!
        Geez I gotta get busy on my food plot and box blind!

fitch270, it's* never where you expect it! LOL!

* - a great deal or buy!

Comment

Dewman; I’d be in big trouble if I were to kiss and tell.

FB; Thats why you always have to look, you never know.

I am glad we ran into these but may be over dramatizing just a bit. It’s a good sign that things might be turning around. Especially the price, I was expecting at least $25/bix.

Comment

Here's the .22lr available at Midway USA this morning

Midway 2021_07_20.JPG

Comment

$18.63 for 525 is an excellent price. At the Flea Market a box of 50 is around $8 to $10

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                $18.63 for 525 is an excellent price. At the Flea Market a box of 50 is around $8 to $10
                It’s a 325 pack Jim, not 525. Still that works out to about $.06 per round or $3 for 50.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

It’s a 325 pack Jim, not 525. Still that works out to about $.06 per round or $3 for 50.
                  Still agood price. I see prices coming down slowly, and supplies building a little. Most primers are around and going for $10 to $12 per 100 and in stores a 3 limit. Bought some .300WBY 150gr Weatherby for $1.00 per round.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                    Here's the .22lr available at Midway USA this morning

Midway 2021_07_20.JPG
                    Norma Tac at $.26 per shot would be $655 for us for the season. If I had no choice I might pay that but I’m guessing my wife wouldn’t participate.

The other problem is Midway won’t ship to individuals in NY even though they actually can. Safe Act discrepancy that was over turned from what I understand.

Comment

For the Federal Automatch:

Federal Automatch Velocity.JPG

Federal Automatch Energy.JPG

Comment

Accuracy wise the AutoMatch stuff isn’t far behind CCI Standard or the Aguila Super Extra we’ve mostly been using the past two years. The Aguila ammo does well in my rifle but it might be awhile before I see that again. CCI is always consistent regardless.

The most noticeable thing about the AutoMatch ammo is we seem to get a couple or three duds in every box. Usually if you rotate the shell it will fire, their priming methods must miss spots on occasion. It’s not a huge thing other than during a match it breaks your concentration and rhythm. Definitely need to keep spare rounds close by on the bench just in case.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Burds
                          by Amflyer
                          Still day, overcast, family gone for a visit for the week. So , hopped in the kayak and did some slow paddlin' to get close to birds....wish I bought...
                          07-28-2021, 09:26 PM
                        • Cabela’s / Bass Pro promo
                          by fitch270
                          This came in the mail a few days ago, at first I wasn’t surprised by it as we haven’t purchased much of anything since the merger. We also canceled...
                          07-26-2021, 08:03 PM
                        • Top three. (3)
                          by FirstBubba
                          We all have our favorites.

First favorite!
                          What is your favorite species of fish to eat?
                          1. my favorite is Pacific cod. clean,...
                          07-25-2021, 09:36 PM
                        • Not a crappy crappie dinner
                          by fitch270
                          The plan was to have a fish fry while camping this weekend even if it meant stooping to smallish bluegills and perch. The goal was for the Kid and I to...
                          07-25-2021, 01:36 PM
                        • Right now
                          by fitch270
                          07-24-2021, 10:45 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X