New 7mm-08 & rebuilt 17hm2 at the range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 7mm-08 & rebuilt 17hm2 at the range

Shot 2 of the 140gr Fusions at 100yds, looked good so I put fix it dots on them and did this at 150yds. Only ammo I tried, saving my Nosler 120's for my Remington till more become available. If I find something different I might like I'll pick up a box. As usual I shank the 5th shot. IMG_2320.JPG IMG_2321.JPG IMG_2323.JPG These 17hm2 photos are backwards. Shot the low ones first. First 5 were scattered, second 5 were centered low and left. Raised them and got my best group but it was still left. Moved right a tad and got the last 5 in the sweet spot but opening up(dirty bore?) 100yds. Hornady 17gr. All shooting off sand bags. Beautiful day-62degrees.

Wanted to ad there were quite a few guys and gals shooting. One guy beside me at 100 yds tried to shoot at a target my size(8"shoot n see) with his 9mmcompact. 3 or 4 magazines later he left and next guy got a free target already set up as it was virgin. I love these guys. Also, everyone there, even the tykes had ears on and 90% had glasses. Everyone smiling and polite, think people smell spring.

Comment

Good deal on both counts.

Are you sure you shanked the fifth shot with the Winchester? Last shot of the day with it? Maybe the new barrel was smoothing out or something else needing to settle in. Still, she shows promise.

Looks like no hiccups with the CZ. Have you played around with action screw torque? Just remembered you'd pulled the scope so guess it needed some tweaking. Also curious on your opinions of the new parts.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        Good deal on both counts.

Are you sure you shanked the fifth shot with the Winchester? Last shot of the day with it? Maybe the new barrel was smoothing out or something else needing to settle in. Still, she shows promise.

Looks like no hiccups with the CZ. Have you played around with action screw torque? Just remembered you'd pulled the scope so guess it needed some tweaking. Also curious on your opinions of the new parts.
        New mag well is metal, not plastic so definitely stronger. It and magazine fit fine.
        Yes it was the 5th shot, was using a spotting scope to watch.
        21lbs torque, both screws, that didn't change. Can go as low as 18 in front but over 21lb in either and groups open fast.

Comment

Not bad at all. I've never tried a handgun at 100 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
            I think 100yds doable for someone who practices often. Maybe having strangers on both sides of him added pressure? There were tables open at 25 & 50 yds. IMG_1540.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
              Well, not a semi auto, but I used to shoot my S&W M48 8 3/8" at 100 yards quite often.

I "used to" be able to keep 6 shots in an 8 inch paper plate at 75 yards. Doubt seriously I could even HIT a plate these days! LOL!

Always wanted to take a deer with it, just never got up the nerve to try.

Comment

When i had good eyes i used to shoot 100 often w iron sight handguns. Doubt i could now without an optic.

EER scopes are a strange critter, but a reflex or RDS makes things way easier.

Ordered an Aimpoint PRO to put on a Contender deer bbl.
                Last edited by CD2; 03-11-2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Good shooting. Just consider the shots out of the group as knocking off some rust

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
                    Good shooting. Just consider the shots out of the group as knocking off some rust
                    Close to what I said. My wife was with me and I told her there was dust on the bullets and barrel.

Comment

Good for her!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget