My 25 & 50 yd rimfire test target

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 25 & 50 yd rimfire test target

this is what I use when I shoot my rimfires for sighting in and groups. 1" square on white printer paper. 1 square per sheet. I hand drew these to illustrate my point. I don't have any more printed but you get the gist. Then I try to cut the top line in half as though it were a string. You will notice your heartbeat right away as well as your breathing. The small vertical line I illustrated but no longer use as it was not any help. The first shot is easy, after that you have to focus on the line not the other hole(s). Opinions?

Well, that certainly works. I use the Champion targets covered with 1 inch squares. 100 sheets for less than $15. Lots of places to punch holes before having to change sheets.

Champion Redfield Style Precision Sight-in Target (Pack of 100) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KKER0Y..._gsX0Cb53AM49E

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      Well, that certainly works. I use the Champion targets covered with 1 inch squares. 100 sheets for less than $15. Lots of places to punch holes before having to change sheets.

Champion Redfield Style Precision Sight-in Target (Pack of 100) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KKER0Y..._gsX0Cb53AM49E
      the square isn't relevant to me. Its main purpose is to allow a quick comparison with a group fired on a different target. It's the line that gives the precision. The square allows too much wiggle room at closer ranges when trying to go below 1/4". I'm also distracted by their holes in the target so I only use 1 square per sheet. You can easily print a checkerboard of squares by using the row&column feature on document.

Comment

I hear ya. I like the Champion targets mainly for use with scopes. For open sights I use 1 inch dots on plain white paper.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
          I hear ya. I like the Champion targets mainly for use with scopes. For open sights I use 1 inch dots on plain white paper.
          I envy anyone who can still use open sights. Even on a pistol I can hardly see anything well enough to aim. Sucks to get old.

Comment

You've got that right, it sucks getting old. Just turned 60 a couple of weeks ago and can't clearly see distant objects without glasses or magnification.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget