X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dewman
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

I'm with you. For a hunting rifle I don't like to go below 3 lbs. The trigger pull gauge is a great idea.
    I wonder what DAKOTAMAN sets his big game rifle trigger pulls at? I know I read his varmint rigs are measured in ounces.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by dewman View Post
    When I got my trigger pull gauge years ago I was surprised that my trigger pulls of all my guns were all over the place. They really didn't feel as different as they turned out to be. I settled on 3-1/4 to 3-1/2# because some of my rifles couldn't get to 3# or lower without being dangerous. I also reset any triggers I tuned back to 5# when I sell them. Covering the behind a little. I'd be afraid of shooting with gloves or cold stiff fingers at 2-3/4# myself but people are different and I'll bet it feels good at the range.
    I'm with you. For a hunting rifle I don't like to go below 3 lbs. The trigger pull gauge is a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• Red Angus
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    I’ll be.
    I rarely check in here, and just by chance clicked on this wanting to see what Dewman had to say.

I hope you’re pleased with the purchase Red, I’m humbled you followed up on my comment and thought to mention it. Thank you.
    Your welcome Fitch.

Leave a comment:

• Red Angus
    replied
    Originally posted by dewman View Post
    ...I'd be afraid of shooting with gloves or cold stiff fingers at 2-3/4# myself but people are different and I'll bet it feels good at the range.

​​​​​I've hunted with it for two seasons now as it is and gotten along well.
    It certainly is great for shooting targets as well. ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    I’ll be.
    I rarely check in here, and just by chance clicked on this wanting to see what Dewman had to say.

I hope you’re pleased with the purchase Red, I’m humbled you followed up on my comment and thought to mention it. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    When I got my trigger pull gauge years ago I was surprised that my trigger pulls of all my guns were all over the place. They really didn't feel as different as they turned out to be. I settled on 3-1/4 to 3-1/2# because some of my rifles couldn't get to 3# or lower without being dangerous. I also reset any triggers I tuned back to 5# when I sell them. Covering the behind a little. I'd be afraid of shooting with gloves or cold stiff fingers at 2-3/4# myself but people are different and I'll bet it feels good at the range.

Leave a comment:

• Red Angus
    started a topic T/C Compass

T/C Compass

You-all may recall my post about a year ago regarding lightening the trigger pull on my T/C Compass. Fitch commented that I should have a trigger pull scale iffen I was going to be messing with triggers. Well I picked one up a couple weeks ago and the trigger on the Compass measured 2.75 pounds on 5 out of 5 tests.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Railroad train puzzle.
    by 99explorer
    An electric train is traveling east at 40 miles an hour, and it has a tailwind blowing from the west at 40 miles per hour.
    In what direction would...
    Today, 09:03 PM
  • Hotel guest.
    by 99explorer
    A woman is sitting in her hotel room when there is a knock on the door.
    She opens the door to find a man that she has never seen before.
    The...
    Today, 08:41 PM
  • Plane crash.
    by 99explorer
    A passenger plane crashes on the exact border between the U.S. and Canada.
    Where do they bury the survivors?
    Today, 03:16 PM
  • Animals on the ark.
    by 99explorer
    How many animals of each species did Moses take on the ark with him?
    Today, 02:08 PM
  • The college student puzzle..
    by 99explorer
    A student rides his scooter to the train station to go to college. His home in between two train stations.
    The first station is a mile from home,...
    Yesterday, 01:58 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X