Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I see a great many gun manufacturers advertise the .308 as a "varmint" rifle. Does this caliber work for deer and elk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see a great many gun manufacturers advertise the .308 as a "varmint" rifle. Does this caliber work for deer and elk?

I see a great many gun manufacturers advertise the .308 as a "varmint" rifle. Does this caliber work for deer and elk?

Works GREAT on deer and elk, I've used mine to take mule and whit-tail deer and elk.
    They say "varmint" because it works good on coyotes too.

Comment

a bsolutely

Comment

I've taken many deer with a .308. Great round.

Comment

there are three .308's in my gun safe and they see the most action out of all the guns i own. i have taken every deer ive killed with a gun using a .308, as well as everything from a racoon to a 300 lb hog. its a great round.

Comment

ive hunted lots of deer with a 308 and with the right reloads should work great on mule deer and elk love the 308

Comment

Yes, this is an extremely powerful rifle which could almost be used for anything.

Comment

Definitely. The .308 and .30-06 are such common calibers that pretty much everyone has owned at least one of them. That's why every bullet manufacturer that makes varmint ammo makes it for those two caliners.

Comment

it will be able to take a mosse

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget