Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I write for a couple of magazines. Right now I am writing about an accident which occurred in 1961 with a 30-30 rifle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimjade3 View Post
    I am just getting used to this site- so I’m trying to write correctly having no experience with a 30-30. First, the hunter was 16 years old in 1961. Would a 30-30 have been a rifle which might have been considered a normal choice for such a kid? What might have he hunted with it in mid October in Arkansas? What type ammunition might have been used in the rifle? How much ammunition did a 1960’s 30-30 hold? The discharge landed about 25 feet away and about at a 7 foot rise above the lap of the person cleaning the gun. I assume that such a trajectory would not be out of the ordinary during a cleaning operation. How exactly would you clean a 30-30? How much chance is there that such a cleaning operation would mess up fine furniture?
    A 30-30 hunting slug would do a nice job of wrecking fine furniture. Big hole going in ... bigger hole coming out.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget