X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milldawg
    replied
    Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
    I,m about to get in trouble, my view is this I believe in the 2nd amendment, I just don,t see any use for such weapons. Zero. They are not sporting weapons, so what's the point ? A grenade launcher? What kind of function do they achieve? I guess they help fill the void paranoia and distrust erode in ones persona.
    Well as a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. I have the knowledge and training to use such weapons. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to. And high penetration bullets have not been outlawed. You can buy them at Walmart. They are called M855 penetrator green tips. Military issue. They are for punching paper not animals. And what ever else might come along. Remember when you need help cops are only minutes away. Those who hammer their guns in plows will soon plow those who didn’t. Personally if it’s not fully automatic or high explosive I don’t give a hoot about what anyone owns. Now if you use in a manner to cause harm to others, well then you deserve what ever happens to you. We can’t nanny everyone and everything. That’s wrong with the world today there are no consequences for ones actions anymore. Spoons don’t make people fat and pencils don’t misspell words.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    I,m about to get in trouble, my view is this I believe in the 2nd amendment, I just don,t see any use for such weapons. Zero. They are not sporting weapons, so what's the point ? A grenade launcher? What kind of function do they achieve? I guess they help fill the void paranoia and distrust erode in ones persona.
    Srry about that Jhjimbo , I was directing towards Buckshotoo, there's a big difference in full auto or the old bolt in a box. To many Idiots running around claiming 2nd amendment rights entitles anything goes, It's a new world people , mass shootings have changed the perspective of the general public, and if you don,t learn how to bend with the wind then you will break with the vote. Pretty simple but the old west is dead.

Leave a comment:

• 6phunter
    replied
    I could care less where your thumb points Jhjimbo, I see no reason for such weapons to be considered sporting rifles, if anything goes in your way of thinking why was the high penetration bullets outlawed? Yes , there are those that have attained the knowledge and experience to use these weapons , but in today's world there are to many that make it only feasible for law enforcement. Why portray grenade launchers as nothing much more than toys? I,m firm in the right to bear arms and self defense. These are not sporting weapons or meant for defense.

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    I think you did good, especially since your Yugo has a grenade launcher, that being the next hot item in our progressing technology of our “sport” of hunting ! Of course the next step will be to determine the legal limit in “miles” that the grenade can be launched and how much killing power will be allowed. After all, there must be enough of the dead game found in order to be useful, such as table fare. Or will that no longer be the main purpose of said sport ?
    No Problem. If it was OH, I would have thought differently. These things are actually quite fun to shoot with the 22mm dummy grenade.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    I think you did good, especially since your Yugo has a grenade launcher, that being the next hot item in our progressing technology of our “sport” of hunting ! Of course the next step will be to determine the legal limit in “miles” that the grenade can be launched and how much killing power will be allowed. After all, there must be enough of the dead game found in order to be useful, such as table fare. Or will that no longer be the main purpose of said sport ?
    Bucky, you are the only one who has brought that into question. I guess that maybe you are the only one who has recognized my sometimes off the wall thoughts on some matters. Thanks for your delicate way of putting it !!

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    I think you made a good trade from a curio standpoint. I don't know the values of said guns, but the Yugoslavian PAP M59/66(A1) can be a ton of fun at gatherings. "Closest to the Pin" at 40-50yds with several dummies is a great yard game.

If you're going to do battle with Cosmoline, I suggest you go buy yourself an ultrasonic part cleaner. Some of the best money I've ever spent.

For people unfamiliar with the "grenade launcher" see link below
    I'm not able to help you as much on that one Jimbo. I'm thinking no, the GL would be still trying to launch the 22mm Grenade to push it as far as it could. I mean when you put the grenade sight up it blocks the gas system trying to push as much gas into launching as possible.
    My thoughts would be that barrel climb and noise for this rifle would already be pretty low, but given the design putting a brake / flash hider would be pretty simple.

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    BHR, I'm going to hope that was mostly tongue in cheek.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    Doesn't matter if the rifles are never used. Might as well be exchanging one untouched coin for another. But to each their own.

I guess the Yugo would be more interesting to a collector since there were probably more Norinco's made.
    The fit and finish is better on the Yugo, plus I have more SKS's.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I think you made a good trade from a curio standpoint. I don't know the values of said guns, but the Yugoslavian PAP M59/66(A1) can be a ton of fun at gatherings. "Closest to the Pin" at 40-50yds with several dummies is a great yard game.

If you're going to do battle with Cosmoline, I suggest you go buy yourself an ultrasonic part cleaner. Some of the best money I've ever spent.

I wonder if the grenade launcher serves as a brake/ flash hider on it's own.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    If you're happy with the deal jimbo, who cares?
    You're happy! Run with it!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Though not quite as verbally talented, I'll have to agree with buckshott00.

As gun owners, if we don't start banding together into a cohesive group, our cause will be lost.
    Even on here and on F&S, you will find "hunters" scoffing at those of use who hunt with MSR, AR15 or black rifles.
    I've even seen bloggers who claimed to be dedicated hunters who were willing to give up bump stocks and even AR platform rifles in hopes of satisfying the antigun crowd.
    The antigunners have one single objective, a complete and total gun ban.
    Give them bumps stocks or AR's, then they'll want semi auto rifles, shotguns and pistols.
    By the time they complete their goal, you'll have to deer hunt with an atl-atl... and you'll have to keep that hidden from authorities!

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied

Nah, you can get the parade blanks pretty easily, if you buy the ready made replica grenades you should get 40-50yds. I looked into it after doing it at a buddy's place. This guy has it figured out
    https://youtu.be/Ne8MF3rbKPI

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied

Do I have to make the blanks ?

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Are you familiar with these rifles? A Type 56 might as well be the less attractive poorly designed cheap derpy soviet cousin of the M1 Garand shooting the derpier 7.62X39.

If you "sporterized" an M1 Garand, no one would give it a second thought. So that complaint holds 0 water.

Next we'll talk about the "grenade launcher" it's probably not what you're thinking of. This isn't an M203, it isn't a M79, if you've ever seen a soda can launcher, it's basically that. It's basically a big dumb novelty.

I didn't give you a thumbs down but you've more than earned one. Talking about "purpose" well that's basically what every anti-gun every anti-2nd amendment person out there is saying. Denigrating other shooters that are legally and responsibly enjoying their possessions, and in no way harming others; that's out of line. Suggesting that owning or firing a novelty/curio/collector's item is paranoia, that's out of line. I can only surmise that it came from a place of ignorance. You even mentioned the "sporting" clause, it's like you're unaware of how what you're posting contributes to our ever shrinking firearm and hunting rights. But let me ask you this. Fundamentally, let's say it was a M203 full auto and he had all the proper licensing and tax stamps etc. What would be the harm? How would it be any different from ye' old bolt action in the gun safe waiting for deer season? Or the old Mossberg or Remington pump in the bedroom for home defense? It's literally just another inanimate object reliant solely upon its user, to think anything otherwise, or to case dispersion upon the owner for merely owning an inanimate object, that is paranoia.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Mansion on fire.
    by 99explorer
    One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
    It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
    Today, 10:04 AM
  • Firing squad.
    by 99explorer
    A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
    This final shot does...
    Yesterday, 09:07 PM
  • Lost in the woods.
    by 99explorer
    You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
    One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
    Two Indians...
    Yesterday, 01:24 PM
  • Books on a shelf.
    by 99explorer
    There are several books on a bookshelf.
    If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
    08-21-2019, 02:19 PM
  • Mental arithmetic.
    by 99explorer
    A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
    The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
    How much does the ball cost?
    08-21-2019, 11:57 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X