Will you buy a AR style rifle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
    Certainly not. I didn't go out and buy a Pontiac when they were discontinued. Though some models at least might have been a useful acquisition had I been in need of another vehicle. I am not in need of another rifle and I don't consider ARs to particularly useful for anything except killing people or playing that role, neither of which interests me in the least. I didn't get suckered into that stupid ammo hoarding panic either. My parents didn't raise a fool.

No, I won't be attending the AR's long foreseen funeral.
    It's coming sooner or later. Probably sooner than you think.

Comment

Certainly not. I didn't go out and buy a Pontiac when they were discontinued. Though some models at least might have been a useful acquisition had I been in need of another vehicle. I am not in need of another rifle and I don't consider ARs to particularly useful for anything except killing people or playing that role, neither of which interests me in the least. I didn't get suckered into that stupid ammo hoarding panic either. My parents didn't raise a fool.

JC, the AR-15 is on thin ice in Canada. Check out the firearmblog.com below.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/07/03/state-ar-15-canada/

Comment

Like handguns, ARs are restricted weapons up here. Requires a special license with training and exams. Also special storage and use regulations. Restricted weapons can only be used at a registered range. No hunting. No extended magazines ... for any guns. I have heard nothing about the government or public being dissatisfied with the present arrangement.

I would prefer that we be able to hunt with restricted weapons and really can't see why that couldn't be accommodated. One must phone the police and notify them that the gun is being transported to and from the range. Why not simply do the same thing for hunting? I wouldn't have a problem letting them know I'm leaving the house with my handgun to go hunting and then notifying when I've returned. There is no concealed carry up here ... and there is relatively speaking almost no violent crime with handguns either.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          I'll pass on that.
          I was mildly interested n the Remington Model 81 Woodsmaster Autoloading rifle in .35 Remington when I first took up hunting, but the price was too high.
          Then while serving in the army, I developed a distrust for semi-automatic rifles.
          I agreed when I heard that John Dillinger said he didn't trust dames or automatics.
          I own several semi-auto handguns that enjoy shooting at the range. No semi-auto rifles, but I can see a role for semi-auto shotguns, where a stoppage would not be a disaster.

Comment

Honk, All those regulations are because Canada is full of sheeple.
            The original M-16 was junk, in '65 if I hit a target about 4x4' , 30 times I was considered expert. I was at the range last summer and a competitive shooter was shooting with me on the 300yd range and his target was about the size of a playing card and his group was about 2" - don't know if it was a .223 or 5.56. they shoot AR's at Camp Perry to 600 yds. Todays AR's will be around a long time and is a fine tunned machine.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              I think I might get the parts to build one but not build it, just hold on to it.
              I looked at Pal Arms and they took all rifles and parts off the market - that was right after the shooting.

Comment

I'll pass on that.
                I was mildly interested n the Remington Model 81 Woodsmaster Autoloading rifle in .35 Remington when I first took up hunting, but the price was too high.
                Then while serving in the army, I developed a distrust for semi-automatic rifles.
                I agreed when I heard that John Dillinger said he didn't trust dames or automatics.
                Folks who proclaim the reliability of semi-auto firearms always add a qualifying "if" toward the end that calls for a lot of detail stripping, cleaning, lubricating, etc.

Comment

No, the 2nd Amendment is about militias ... that ceased to exist a hundred years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                    I never was too interested in them,but yes ,I been thinking about purchasing one before they might be hard for a law abiding person to own one. Just in case.
                    My thoughts exactly. I've been looking into getting a lower receiver and building one.

Comment

I never was too interested in them,but yes ,I been thinking about purchasing one before they might be hard for a law abiding person to own one. Just in case.
                      6phunter, I wasn't interested in them either until my eldest bought one.
                      neuman23! be very, VERY cautious!
                      It can be addictive!

I hunt with an AR10 and AR15.
                      Love 'em!

Comment

I'll pass on that.
                        Not so. It sounds like you are saying that Glock owners don't have to know anything about "malfunction clearance drills."
                        There are videos on youtube demonstrating how to handle the major types of malfunctions encountered with them.

Comment

Yes, and once upon a time the Supreme Court held that "separate but equal" was a constitutional right. When was the last time you saw a drinking fountain for whites only? The day of reckoning for the 2nd Amendment is nigh at hand. I suggest getting behind sensible gun legislation or risk having the 2nd Amendment become a stuffed dodo bird: still there to look at but not alive.

Comment

I'll pass on that.
                            I just did a google search on "Glock stoppages" and came across a thread on the Firing Line Forum. The OP complained of frequent stoppages with his Glock pistol.
                            One comment that caught my attention said, "If you don't disassemble the slides on your Glocks and clean them every so often, carbon, grit, brass shavings, etc. can get in the striker channel, and cause it to fail to fire.
                            "It is important to keep the striker clean."
                            Check it out.

Comment

Good friend has the AR 10 ,I was impressed with its groups even though I,m just an average shooter,

Comment

Be aware that you can't "mix 'n match" AR10 parts. The AR10 isn't "mil-spec".
                                Be sure your lower is "DPMS" cut.
                                Much easier to find the appropriate parts.
                                AR15 and AR10 buffer tubes are different and aren't interchangeable. Goid luck!
                                Have fun!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gun show today
                                  by fitch270
                                  Had another one of those close but not quite encounters today. One of the things I’m keeping an eye out for is a compact model rifle for my daughter...
                                  08-14-2022, 09:45 PM
                                • Beater .44 mag
                                  by CD2
                                  My dad got this rig way back. And he shot the crap out of it. 255gr cast about all it ever ran and medium hot. All the time.

I inherited...
                                  08-14-2022, 11:42 AM
                                • Eatin ‘chuck
                                  by dewman
                                  Took out a couple woodchucks this week. Things tunneled all over under a pals shop and equipment. Might still be a couple more. He asked can they be eaten....
                                  08-13-2022, 07:19 PM
                                • Parallax adj
                                  by CD2
                                  Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                  08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                                • TriggerTech installed
                                  by fitch270
                                  First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                  08-06-2022, 10:09 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X