Will you buy a AR style rifle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you buy a AR style rifle ?

Willyou buy one just because you still can ?

No! I will never have one in my hands again. I applaud those that enjoy using the tool but not my cup of tea. Yet that being said I thing it is just another semi auto with a Bad name( by the media). If someone can utilize it for legal practice go for it.

Comment

No. I've never had any use for or interest in them. I don't agree with what's going on, and have never had any beef with anyone owning one or liking them (and too bad if I did), just saying they're not a gun I want for myself.

Comment

I already have an AR and two uppers. 5.56 and .300 BLK. May get a couple of bare lower receivers for future builds.

Killed a small buck with it this past season. Currently, I'm working up a new hunting load using the Barnes 110 grain Tac-TX and H110 powder. I'll experiment with heavy bullets when the suppressor paperwork is approved sometime this summer.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/files/2016/03/300AACBlackoutV6ForWeb.pdf
        Attached Files

Comment

NO, I have no use for AR! I have some semi-autos in blue steel & walnut they have sole and not a cooky cutter look. But for some of Y'all an AR, blows-up your skirt? get you one;-))

Comment

I already have more than one.
            It's hard to carry more than one at once.
            Lightening my wallet wouldn't compensate for the added burden of another rifle I really don't need or want.

Comment

I think I might get the parts to build one but not build it, just hold on to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                I think I might get the parts to build one but not build it, just hold on to it.
                Go to any Gun Show they have TON'S of ARs, knowing some dealers a $600. dollar AR is now a $1,000 AR. just like the $150. dollar Bump-stock selling for $400.00 now??? This kid Cruz really opened up a Can of Worms for all US Gun Owners;-((

Comment

I'll pass on that.
                  I was mildly interested n the Remington Model 81 Woodsmaster Autoloading rifle in .35 Remington when I first took up hunting, but the price was too high.
                  Then while serving in the army, I developed a distrust for semi-automatic rifles.
                  I agreed when I heard that John Dillinger said he didn't trust dames or automatics.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    I'll pass on that.
                    I was mildly interested n the Remington Model 81 Woodsmaster Autoloading rifle in .35 Remington when I first took up hunting, but the price was too high.
                    Then while serving in the army, I developed a distrust for semi-automatic rifles.
                    I agreed when I heard that John Dillinger said he didn't trust dames or automatics.
                    I never found that operating a lever or bolt action was too labor-intensive.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                      I'll pass on that.
                      CNC machines and computer aided design along with modern materials make this a whole different world. Semi autos are very reliable now. You live in the past. Are you telling us that you own no semi-auto handguns, shotguns, or rifles? How quaint

Comment

If wild hogs ever start appearing on our property I may buy one. Otherwise I would have no use for one currently.

Comment

I doubt that I’ll buy one again , I’m not a big fan but I support any one who wants one.

Comment

I never was too interested in them,but yes ,I been thinking about purchasing one before they might be hard for a law abiding person to own one. Just in case.

Comment

Certainly not. I didn't go out and buy a Pontiac when they were discontinued. Though some models at least might have been a useful acquisition had I been in need of another vehicle. I am not in need of another rifle and I don't consider ARs to particularly useful for anything except killing people or playing that role, neither of which interests me in the least. I didn't get suckered into that stupid ammo hoarding panic either. My parents didn't raise a fool.

No, I won't be attending the AR's long foreseen funeral.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pieces of gold.
                                by 99explorer
                                Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                                Yesterday, 06:45 PM
                              • Mansion on fire.
                                by 99explorer
                                One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                                It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                                Yesterday, 10:04 AM
                              • Firing squad.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                                This final shot does...
                                08-22-2019, 09:07 PM
                              • Lost in the woods.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                                One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                                Two Indians...
                                08-22-2019, 01:24 PM
                              • Books on a shelf.
                                by 99explorer
                                There are several books on a bookshelf.
                                If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
                                08-21-2019, 02:19 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X