Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can have three rifles one of which must be chambered for .22 caliber what calibers would you choose for the other two rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can have three rifles one of which must be chambered for .22 caliber what calibers would you choose for the other two rifles

You can have three rifles one of which must be chambered for .22 caliber what calibers would you choose for the other two rifles

.2lr, 22-250, 30-06

Comment

.22LR, 30-30, 300 WIN.

Comment

.308 & .458
        Are you putting together a Christmas gift list Kody?

Comment

.22 LR, .243, .35 Whelen

Comment

I only own rifles in .22, .223, .270WSM and .30-.30... well, and a .45.
            If I had to cut one out it'd be the .30-.30.
            Starting from scratch .22, .270, .30-'06

If we're talking just for my current hunting life and opportunities, forget plinking and other considerations, I'd get rid of the .223 and stick with my others.

Comment

.22LR, .22-250, .30-06.

Comment

I am absolutely astonished that there are two other users with the same pics as I would say: .22lr,22-250, and .30-06. However, if I could make an adjustment....I'd secretly sell the .22 and try that new .17mag. With how impossible it is to find .22, .17's might become a new craze.

Comment

Officerdoom,
                  I have the Savage B Mag in .17WSM, you will not be disappointed. The 20gr at 3,000fps is awesome. Far out paces the .17HMR.
                  Winchester says the .17WSM will take a coyote at 300yds. Ammo is getting more available and hopefully the price will come down as Winchester put the price point at about $15/50.

Comment

No Charlie Elk, I am not shopping for new rifles. I am trying to decide which ones I want to keep. I am damn poor at making any choices in that department. It pains me to consider cutting back to a three gun battery but it is an exercise I should entertain.
                    Interesting to see the number of 30-06 selections as the heavier caliber of choice. Louzianajones filled that spot with the .35 Whelan which is classy choice. 4everAutumn went to the magnum .30 cal with a 300 Win Magnum. We are of like minds my friend as that 180 gr bullet flying extra 200fps beyond the 30-06 is hard to beat.
                    Charlie Elk wants a .458 as there are dangerous whitetail deer in his part of the country. Why not go with the .375 H & H so you can take down at great distances before they pose a threat? NOTE: I only bought a dangerous game rifle to push myself into going to Africa and actually making use of the purchase. It worked for me Charlie!
                    Otherwise, I am of the same mind as most in choosing a balance of power range. .22, 25-06 and the .300 Winchester Magnum works for me. Not surprisingly, these are the rifles I use most in the field while the others grace the gun cabinet or only see duty at the range.

Comment

Cut back to only 3 guns!? Why Kody? I never heard of such a thing. If the gun cabinet is full my solution is to buy another.
                      Are you back with those Yoga Kittens and in need of another intervention?
                      BTW, no killer deer here. If I were limited to ONLY 3 guns figure one needs to be the biggest I can shoot. The 308 will do most everything. Don't understand why I had to settle for the 22 at the bottom... How about .222 or .223?

Comment

22-250, 300 Win Mag, 416 Rigby. 22 Long Rifle does not count as a firearm, it is a magic thing we use as a kid on everything from squirrels to rogue elephant, and man eaters.

Comment

Skoda,
                          Great to see that you know how to keep the boy in the man alive....yes, that starting rifle in .22 did fuel some imaginations that sponsored real life hunting adventures. That makes that little beauty some powerful. I still get a thrill firing my .22, there is nothing old about putting 10 shots into a pattern the size of a dime and you can shoot a 1000 rounds til you can shoot that well for next to nothing. 1000 rounds for about $40.00. That .223 or 22-250 is at least 10 times that amount.
                          Actually Charlie Elk, I have decided to revisit the yoga studio. I wish to hone my shooting skills and that downward dog stuff holds the key to breathe control and the inner calm that translates into one shot kills. This time I will not be sharing my motives for attending the yoga studio with whatever you call those instructors. ..those Zen guys take exception to that connection. Go figure!
                          As to your compulsion to acquire more and more rifles, you need to look at other collectors. Some people collect ornamental frogs, they have frogs in their living rooms, in their bedrooms and in their gardens... even the shower curtain and kitchen drapes have frog designs. They have all manner of frogs and each new one they acquire fuels their desire to get another slightly different frog. The only thing different about your collecting is that you choose to lock them away in a secure cabinet safe and hidden out of sight. Clearly, this begins to border on just weird and it is time for a little self reflection.

Comment

.22 mag 30.06 bolt . 30.06 semi

Comment

1. .22-250 in Savage FVSS

2. .243 in Remington 700 ADL Youth

3. .22 LR in Ruger 10/22 late 1970s quality

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                                by fitch270
                                Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                                Yesterday, 05:55 PM
                              • Grips and stocks
                                by dewman
                                so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                                Yesterday, 08:55 AM
                              • Youth pheasant hike
                                by fitch270
                                Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                                09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
                              • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                                by fitch270
                                Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                                09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
                              • Unusual Sound
                                by jhjimbo
                                At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                                09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X