Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any input on the 22-250 caliber? Models, performance, hunting potential, ammo availability, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any input on the 22-250 caliber? Models, performance, hunting potential, ammo availability, etc?

Does anyone have any input on the 22-250 caliber? Models, performance, hunting potential, ammo availability, etc?

I have and shoot a few 22-250's often, one is a savage model 16 stainless with an accu-trigger. and an encore cut down both barrel and stock for the young hunters in the family. I have shot coyote, turkey, ground hog, and a few deer have been taken with these rifles. Some may say its light for deer but with the right bullet and shot placement it puts them down. If you hand load for it the bullet selection is awesome. If not factory ammo is usually not hard to find. For deer i use a 55gr Barnes TSX with Varget powder. For everything else a 55gr varmint nightmare bullet with H380. It works very good for everything I need it to.

Comment

My 22-250 is a Remington 700 varmint heavy barrel with a Burris 6X24 scope. Excellent shooting gun.
      My favorite load is a Sierra 52gr HPBT match with IMR 4320. The area I shoot groundhogs our shots are up to 400yds.

Comment

Although I am not an expert for 22-250, as I myself am looking to buy one, after doing much homework, a great economical rifle would be a Ruger American now offered in 22-250. I was going to get a Savage Axis (this is mainly for recreational shooting and some small game shooting), but now the American has come out in the caliber offering a free-floating barrel and same thing as an accu-trigger for around the same price. I have had good luck with Bushnell scopes lately, they have really stepped up their game. I'd probably get mine in a 4x12, I don't plan on doing much pass 250-300 yards. As for a bullet, if I was to buy a box from the store, anything Hornady.

Comment

I have Remington ADL and Savage FVSS models. Both are tack drivers. I wish I was the one who invented the .22-250----what an accomplishment.

Comment

I haven't seen .22-250 ammo in Walmart for almost a year. .223 is there, but not the .22-250.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
              by fitch270
              Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
              09-27-2020, 05:55 PM
            • Grips and stocks
              by dewman
              so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
              09-27-2020, 08:55 AM
            • Youth pheasant hike
              by fitch270
              Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
              09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
            • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
              by fitch270
              Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
              09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
            • Unusual Sound
              by jhjimbo
              At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
              09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X