Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any body got any m1 garands? if you do please tell me and how well do they shoot and work. Did you get them from the cmp? if so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any body got any m1 garands? if you do please tell me and how well do they shoot and work. Did you get them from the cmp? if so

Any body got any m1 garands? if you do please tell me and how well do they shoot and work. Did you get them from the cmp? if so what grade. and how much do you think is worth to buy one and if you were to get another would you get a field rack or service garde? also how would it work for hunting? i know you would have to get the 5 round clip and adjustable gas gauge. also i have seen some people who buy from people who charge a fee to go down and you tell them want to get and they pick out the nicest one instead of getting one blind for an extra $35-40 is that worth it? this is for a freind he wants to know whats the best rroute to take when buying an m1

Comes down to the price. One downside is that it is heavy(It's like 10 pounds). If it costs the same as a new rifle then I would pass...if you can get a good deal on one maybe.

Comment

RACK GRADE: (Fair)
      Rack Grade Rifles. Most of these rifles have been refinished or rebuilt at least once while in military service and will likely have some parts from other manufacturers. Rifle wear will be exhibited by worn and mixed colors of the finish; there may be some minor pitting on the metal parts; wood will be basically sound but may be well used with minor hairline cracks, poor fit, and many dings, scratches and gouges; wood may not match in color, type of wood or condition. These rifles may have some foreign parts and wood may be Walnut, Birch, Beech or other variety. Rifles do not have import marks. Bores will be generally good with only minor imperfections; the barrel crown may be nicked, and the muzzle may gauge more than “3” on muzzle gauge. The Throat Erosion will gauge more than “5”The overall appearance and condition of the rack grade will generally be rougher than any other grade. Fair condition.

Manufacturer selection only guarantees the receiver was produced by the manufacturer listed. The barrel and the other parts may have been produced by other manufacturers.

FIELD GRADE: (Fair to Good)
      Field Grade Rifles. Most of these rifles have been refinished or rebuilt at least once while in military service and will likely have some parts from other manufacturers. Fair to good condition. Rifle wear will be exhibited by worn and mixed colors of the finish; there may be some minor pitting on the metal parts; wood will be basically sound but may be well used with minor hairline cracks, and many dings, scratches and gouges; wood may not match in color, type of wood or condition. These rifles may have some foreign parts and wood may be Walnut, Birch, Beech or other variety. Rifles do not have import marks. Bores will be generally good with only minor imperfections; the barrel crown may be nicked, and the muzzle may gauge more than “3” on muzzle gauge. The Throat Erosion will gauge less than 5 – well within US Army standards. Do not expect rifles in mint condition in this grade.

Manufacturer selection only guarantees the receiver was produced by the manufacturer listed. The barrel and the other parts may have been produced by other manufacturers.

SERVICE GRADE: (Good to Very Good)
      Service Grade Rifles show less wear and better appearance than Field or Rack Grades. Good to very good condition. Rifle wear will be exhibited by worn and mixed colors of the parkerized finish. There may be some minor pitting on the metal parts. Wood will be either Walnut, Birch, Beech or other variety and will be basically sound but may have minor hairline cracks, dings, scratches and gouges. Wood may not match in color or type of wood. Wood may be of new production on Service Grade Garands. Bores will be generally good with only minor imperfections. The barrel crown may be nicked, but the muzzle will gauge "3 or less" and the throat erosion will gauge less than 5.

That is the stuff that the cmp says i sure hope i dont get aressted for plagureism but THIS IS FROM THE ODCMP STORE.com. the gun weighs about 9lbs to im pretty sure. he wants to either get a nice rack or a nice feild to save money but if he is going to buy online he will probably go with the service just to be sure about getting a decent gun. also the prices are Field grade is $525 Service is $625 and the rack does not say the price because they are completly sold out online but they should be the cheapest.

Comment

-I'd pass on it for that price, Blake. This is just my personal opinion though.
        -If you do chose to buy one at some point in the future, I'd suggest not buy anything below the service grade(based on the pictures and reviews I have seen). In the long run the extra $100 or so would be well worth it.

Comment

Also, make sure that they would allow you to return the rifle. If not do not buy one no mater what the grade is.

Comment

okay the problem is is that this is the loest prices we can find on these guns!

Comment

Why do you want one? I can try to think of a cheaper/better quality alternative.

Comment

the thing is im hyped up on m1s and my grandfather was in ww2 but I really want to get one now before they are gone or they are extremely high priced

Comment

I would stay away from anything except the Service grade, and for $600 you could get a modern rifle that is of much higher quality than the M1, so I personally wouldn't get that one either.

Comment

Blake, I do not see them going up in price any time soon so I wouldn't worry about getting one right away. You would be surprised at how many are in storage ready to be sold. I agree it is a cool rifle that I to would like to own someday. If I ever cross upon a good deal I'll let you know.

Comment

okay thanks appreciate it

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                        by jhjimbo
                        If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                        Yesterday, 02:15 PM
                      • Pay it forward
                        by fitch270
                        I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                        10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                      • Reloading Gear Order
                        by fitch270
                        I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                        10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                      • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                        by dewman
                        Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                        10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                      • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                        by Ernie
                        Any handgun hunters here?
                        Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                        10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X