Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I couldn't believe that a selfish gun owner made this comment on this website; "I don't own any "assault weapons", and don't th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't believe that a selfish gun owner made this comment on this website; "I don't own any "assault weapons", and don't th

I couldn't believe that a selfish gun owner made this comment on this website; "I don't own any "assault weapons", and don't think they, or large clips/magazines, are really necessary for hunting or target shooting." This reminds me of the writing by Pastor Martin Niemoller called "I Didn't Speak Out". "First the Nazis came for the Jews, and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then the Nazis came for the Catholics and I did not speak out because I was not a Catholic. Then the Nazis came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then the Nazis came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. Here it is applying to Guns; The Politicians came after the automatic firearms and I didn't speak out because I didn't own any Automatics. The Politicians want to ban the large capacity clips and magazines and I didn't speak out because I didn't own any large capacity magazines or clips. The Politicians want to ban semi automatic firearms and I didn’t speak out because I didn’t own any of those semi automatics. The politicians want to ban handguns and I didn’t speak out because I don’t own any handguns. The politicians want to ban hunting guns now you’re very upset because you own hunting guns. You now want to join the NRA, and donate money, but now it’s too late. The NRA is now bankrupt with no money to fight with and closing up forever. Now do all the gun owners understand?

The poem was written by Martin Niemoller, during the year 1939 inside Berlin, Germany.
    I also want to add this, written by Ann Rand;
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
    Those who deny individual rights cannot
    claim to be defenders of minorities."

Comment

I just read this on field and stream. is this the same person (Gary Devine) or was it copied and pasted off the sight?

Comment

I do not like the comparison itself, but I do like the message it sends.

Comment

Mdhunter1, the message was posted on both sites. Anybody is welcome to copy it. You missed your calling Mdhunter, you should of been a detective. LOL
          Yes I am Gary. I like to use different usernames and passwords on different website.

JM, I think it's a perfect comparison, because it talks about people who didn't speak, because it didn't apply to them. My intent was to get the message out.

Comment

I agree that it applies...thanks for the post gary.

Comment

Oookay. It takes a lot to insult me, but you have succeeded LovesOutdoors. In case you haven't noticed, we are all entitled to our opinions in this country, and while I may disagree with their stances, I have never compared one of my debate opponents on this site to someone who helped perpetrate the Holocaust.
              You can feel free to disagree with my position, but I would appreciate that you not slander me while you do it.
              And maybe you didn't read the entirety of the post in which I said those things you found so offensive, because at the end of it I said this: "...I oppose a ban such as the one Senator Feinstein is proposing is because it could be the start of a slippery slope." Kind of shoots down your little argument that I don't care about the possible consequences of my opinions doesn't it?

Comment

Hft, I never mentioned anyone name in my post, and I wouldn't dare swoop to that level. My post was about "I didn't speak out". In Germany people didn't stand up for others, because they only cared about saving their own neck, from the Nazis. Many Sportsmen on Outdoor Life, Field and Stream and other websites don't care about another person’s freedom to have certain firearms, clips or ammo, because it doesn't apply to this own inventory. These same Sportsmen agree with anti gun Politicians and don’t realize their handgun or hunting gun could be next. Don’t give anti gun nuts an inch, because they will be back for more.

Comment

LovesOutdoors,
                  If what you said wasn't aimed at me, why did you quote what I'd written in a previous post, and call me a "selfish gun owner"? You think just because you didn't actually say my name means it wasn't an insult?
                  Saying you didn't really mean it is a lousy excuse, and if you're man enough to take a cheap shot at someone, you should be man enough to own your own words when you get called out about them.

Comment

I hope you are not directing this to me either the thing I said about this is that while I have no ars I don't really think they are necessary. A bolt action worth just as much as an ar no mater what price the at is is going to be more accurate . The reason why is the bullet is still going thru the barrel while the case is being ejected whic throws your shot off. Also you need more skill in the hunting world with a bolt gun than firing multiple rounds. The last thing that I don't like about ars are the caliber they come in I don't really like for hunting .223 .308 .243 7mm-08. Don't get me wrong I like semi auto guns I have a Remington 597 my dad has a old Winchester .22 semi Auto and my brother has a Remington Mohawk .22. Now my hunting rifles are all bolts. I wouldn't mine having a semi auto rifle but I just don't find it as necessary. P.s. I would really love to get a m1 garand or a browning bar (new not the ww2 one). But my boltys are my Remington 700 adl .243 ( bought it for coyotes and made the mistake of not looking at ammo prices so now it's a safe king) my Remington 700 sps varmint .223 ( coyote gun ( the reason I criticized this round is that I would never ever ever think about using it on a big game animal.) my marlin model 80 .22 I got from my grandpa ( use it for plinking and stuff ) and lastly my mosin nagant 91/30 7.62x54r ( big game and plinking with fmj rounds ) now my semi autos my benelli montefeltro super 90 (h&k) 12ga (game birds water fowl upland and deer if they make a slug barrel for it.) my Remington 597 .22 ( small game and plinking) and lastly my single shots wel my single shot is this rely old .22 break barrel cocking hammer with peep sights (showcase and plinker) so obviously I don't dislike semi autos I just don't really like ars I won't go up to someone and say hey that gun sucks or get out of here if your using that ill leave them be. But one of the main resons I don't like are is they freeze and I live in a snowy winter area.

Comment

This is my first post and would like to say thank you to everyone on this site for all of their answers. I am not a very active hunter but i do love guns and enjoy going to the range. We need to stop the encroachment of our gun rights now and not let us be divided into groups such as hunters, gun enthusiast, or any other catagory. Stand together united and we will be a great force to fight for our rights. Remind your politicans that they work for you. Write, e-mail, call and let them know how you feel. Research the people running for office before you cast your vote. Thanks again and God bless.

Comment

Gary, I see where you are going with this but think your presentation was clumsy because of poor research. But your point is made.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                          The poem was written by Martin Niemoller, during the year 1939 inside Berlin, Germany.
                          I also want to add this, written by Ann Rand;
                          "The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
                          Those who deny individual rights cannot
                          claim to be defenders of minorities."
                          I see your point and thank you for the research material.

Comment

Originally posted by Mdhunter1 View Post
                            I just read this on field and stream. is this the same person (Gary Devine) or was it copied and pasted off the sight?
                            Yep, he's the same person...

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
                              I do not like the comparison itself, but I do like the message it sends.
                              JM, I'm with you on this. Gary could have presented it in a better fashion.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X