Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Assault Weapon Ban. Don't just check the list of weapons banned because a lot more will fall under the other language. So t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Assault Weapon Ban. Don't just check the list of weapons banned because a lot more will fall under the other language. So t

2013 Assault Weapon Ban. Don't just check the list of weapons banned because a lot more will fall under the other language. So they say 2200 guns won't be banned but that's not really true. http://www.ibtimes.com/dianne-feinstein-gun-bill-text-list-guns-banned-details-assault-weapons-ban-2013-1037402

Hope the link will work for you.

Comment

I guess I would have to disagree with you DSM, I don't think very many firearms that aren't specifically listed would be banned under the other restrictions as they are written in that article. Which ones specifically were you thinking of?
      The only gun I can think of that would be banned under the claus "All semiautomatic rifles and handguns that have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds." would be the Marlin Model 60 .22, maybe there are more, but I can't think of any.
      And the ban on thumbhole stocks is essentially meaningless, because in 99% of cases you can just replace the thumbhole stock with a regular one. Other than that, I can't see how any of the "other language" would affect regular sporting and hunting firearms.
      I do not oppose an assault weapons ban for itself, because I don't own any "assault weapons", and don't think they, or large clips/magazines, are really necessary for hunting or target shooting. The only reason I oppose a ban such as the one Senator Feinstein is proposing is because it could be the start of a slippery slope.

Comment

I am shocked and saddened by your selfish, self centered thinking huntfishtrap. It's OK because you don't "own any"!? Most modern special purpose turkey shotguns have thumb hole or pistol grips so all these hunters just have to "replace" their stocks with a "regular" one?!
        DSMbirddog is correct and he didn't mention the registration requirement for all remaining unbanned guns.

later,
        charlie

Comment

Charlie Elk: I am disappointed that you have to resort to cheap name-calling to get your feelings across. I guess I would ask you what is "selfish and self-centered" about being willing to give up technology that is not necessary for the hunting and target shooting that I, and every other outdoorsman I know, do if it would save even one innocent life by limiting the amount of damage a madman could do? If that is "selfish and self-centered, then yes, I guess am proud to be called that.

Comment

I can not see how a ban might save just one life. I could assault a person or group with my J.C.Higgins .22 bolt action rifle.
            Assault is a behavior, not a device.
            If there were a way to protect everybody all the time, i would be all for it - i just do not see a workable way. Background checks on every transaction is probably the best control at this time. Even that is not perfect because not all mental health information is made available to background systems. The Medical community and society shelter that information from the public and that comes back to hurt us. I think anyone on a psychotropic drug should have to get a clearance from a M.D. before allowing them to get a firearm. Even at that the system will never be perfect.

Comment

JHP: I think a ban could, and I stress COULD, reduce the amount of damage a deranged shooter like the ones in Newtown and Aurora could do before police showed up. Just think about it, which can you shoot faster and do more damage in less time with, an AR-type rifle with multiple 30 shot clips, or a bold action rifle with 10 shot clips(or less - most bolt action centerfires have less than 10-shot clips)?
              If you look at it that way, I think it's very plausible that a ban could save a life once in a while, not by reducing the number of shooting incidents, but by limiting the damage done in those incidents.

Comment

The anti gun movement has an agenda to ban every firearms in this country. They first attacked the full automatics and now their attacking the semi automatics. Next, they will go after the handguns and then hunting guns. Don't give the anti gun nuts anything. Please, don't be so fast to throw large capacity magazines, and semi auto firearms under the bus. Thank God for the NRA!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Lost some cover; pic heavy
                  by fitch270
                  ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                  Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                • Covid-19
                  by jhjimbo
                  Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                  09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                • Spur of the moment rifle
                  by Amflyer
                  I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                  09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                • The $20 Shooting Shack
                  by fitch270
                  So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                  09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                  by dewman
                  one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                  09-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X