Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Bushnell Banner Dusk&Dawn 3-9x40mm scopes Reliable? If I was to put one onto a Savage Axis Left hand what rings could yo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Bushnell Banner Dusk&Dawn 3-9x40mm scopes Reliable? If I was to put one onto a Savage Axis Left hand what rings could yo

Are the Bushnell Banner Dusk&Dawn; 3-9x40mm scopes Reliable? If I was to put one onto a Savage Axis Left hand what rings could you suggest?

Today pretty much all of the rings being sold in stores are good rings, just make sure you get the right size. Just get whatever you can afford and you should be fine. As far as the Dusk&Dawn goes I have never used one, but I have used many Bushnell scopes over the years and have never been disappointed.

Comment

Get rings and bases from a company you have heard of. There is a lot of cheap junk out there for rings. Good name brand scope mounts don't have to cost a fortune but you do get what you pay for. The last set I bought were Warne brand and they are very good and reasonably priced.

Comment

I haven't used that scope, but Bushnell has a very good rep, so I don't see why it wouldn't work fine. As for rings, I would recommend Weaver's, they're what I use, and are reasonably priced, and I've never heard of them failing

Comment

I have a Bushnell Banner - Dusk and Dawn - 3-9x40mm scope on my Savage 110 in .270. It has been on that .270 for fourteen+ years without a glitch. I paid under $100 at the time for it and that scope has served me well.
          Base and rings: Warne Two-Piece Base $24.99 and Leupold Rifleman Aluminum Detachable Rings $19.99 at Cabela's.

Comment

i have one on my savage stevens model 200 love it. get the scope and rings from the same place most will mount for free.

Comment

I just put a Banner 3x9 on my fiance's Savage .30-30. After sighting in, it makes me pretty jealous I don't have one on my rifle! I like the clarity alot more than my Nikon. Only thing that was tough about it was finding Butler Creek Lens Caps for it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                by fitch270
                Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                Yesterday, 05:55 PM
              • Grips and stocks
                by dewman
                so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                Yesterday, 08:55 AM
              • Youth pheasant hike
                by fitch270
                Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
              • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                by fitch270
                Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
              • Unusual Sound
                by jhjimbo
                At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X