Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm getting a left handed 270 and but I need a scope and rings. And I don't want to spend more then $200. Any Suggestions? I hav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting a left handed 270 and but I need a scope and rings. And I don't want to spend more then $200. Any Suggestions? I hav

I'm getting a left handed 270 and but I need a scope and rings. And I don't want to spend more then $200. Any Suggestions? I have looked at the tasco pronghorn Any Good?

If you get a Tasco you need to plan on upgrading within 5 years. They just won't last in my opinion. For rings I prefer Warne bases and rings.

Comment

Check out the Redfields. They should fit your budget and are guaranteed by Leupold.

Comment

Bushnell makes some pretty affordable scopes. I would suggest buying a cheaper model to begin with and save up for a nicer on in the future.

Comment

In my experience, you can't beat BSA for the money. Are they Zeiss quality? Of course not, but for the 100-200 dollar price tag, they're pretty dang good.

Comment

I have a Bushnell Banner - Dusk and Dawn - 3-9x40 scope on my Savage 110 in .270. It has been on that .270 for ten+ years. I paid under $100 at the time for it and that scope has served me well.
            Base and rings: Warne Two-Piece Base $24.99 and Leupold Rifleman Aluminum Detachable Rings $19.99 at Cabela's.
            You can get the Bushnell Banner at Cabela's too for $99.99.

Comment

You can get into a Redfield for around 2 bills and they are nice. Like Piney said they come from the Leupold line, you can't go wrong. Scrape the tasco.

Comment

I agree with everyone on here with the Bushnells. I was a big Nikon fan but now I am going towards Bushnells. The Dusk and Dawn models are amazing and a good 3x9 would do you wonders on a .270. I saw one on MidwayUSA.com for around 75.00

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                  by jhjimbo
                  If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                  Today, 02:15 PM
                • Pay it forward
                  by fitch270
                  I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                  10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                • Reloading Gear Order
                  by fitch270
                  I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                  10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                  by dewman
                  Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                  10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                  by Ernie
                  Any handgun hunters here?
                  Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                  10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X